The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has officially begun. After a week of early access to cardholders, it’s now open to all. Brand new merchandise for Fall and Winter 2017 will be discounted for two weeks only. Prices go back up on August 7.
I spent a couple of weeks preparing and preselecting the sale with clients and it was FABULOUS. We refreshed our wardrobes, had a ball, and got a great start on the new cold weather dressing season. Items ran out of stock faster than usual this year, and I’m not sure why. Reduced inventory levels, an increase in the number of cardholders, a more desirable assortment of merchandise — your guess is as good as mine.
Generally, I was impressed with the level of quality. Neutrals and blouses reigned supreme, knitwear was in short supply, and there was much less leather. Topshop’s offerings and the dress department were disappointing, but coats and jackets were particularly good.
Along the way I noted the top items I saw, and have put together five lists that might be helpful if you’re navigating the sale:
I’ve seen all of these items in person and on a range of body types and sizes, across petite, regular, plus and tall women. You’ll see a wide assortment of items here, reflecting the range of lifestyles, style preferences and budgets of my clientele.
A few things to consider as you browse the lists:
- I’ve collected one colour in each item, but be sure to browse through ALL the colour options.
- Check whether the items are available in petite and plus because in most cases I’ve only provided the description in regular sizes. Nordstrom’s in-house brands usually provide petite and plus sizing.
- My descriptions are detailed and specific for a reason. They suggest a match for a particular body type, comfort level, or style preference.
- Items do come back into stock throughout the fortnight of the sale, so be tenacious and keep checking back on the items that tickle your fancy.
- At the end of each list there’s a link to the relevant collection page where you can see the items together with their descriptions.
Feel free to ask questions in the comments sections about my picks or any other NAS items, and I’ll do my best to help you out. We’ve also been discussing NAS items on the forum, which is particularly helpful because you can see the items across a range of body types. And please share your own winning purchases in the comments sections.