Dressy shoes and designer shoes were generally disappointing at this year’s NAS, for the second year in a row. When dressy shoes were ultra gorgeous, the heels were sky high. The more affordably priced casual and smart casual footwear was great. Lots of comfy styles that can effectively refresh your style. Many offered across a range of colours and widths.
- Vince Camuto Prasata Bootie: A great bootie for very mild weather. Feels like a slipper. Soft and cushioning. Best with bare feet, knee-highs, or trouser socks. All the colours are fab.
- Cole Haan Lyla Waterproof Bootie: A beautifully made bootie with a streamlined ankle. Crisp and extra polished in the black. It runs a little small so size up. The ankle fit is narrower. The ankle openings cut into my own shins, but clients were comfortable in the style.
- Paul Green Logan Bootie: AMAZINGLY comfortable casual booties that mould to both a higher and lower volume foot. The grey is lighter and richer in person. I love the light sole and white stitching on the grey and camel. All the colours are nice.
- Kork-Ease Mindo Chelsea Bootie: A very comfy bootie for wider feet with a regular height instep because you have to pull on the boot - no zipper. Might run half a size big.
- Munro Alfie Bootie: The ankle ruching is an adorable detail, and streamlines the fit on the leg. Extremely comfy. Higher volume feet should order a wide size. Fab with dresses and skirts.
- SOREL Danica Waterproof Bootie: Cute and comfy weatherproof booties for low-volume feet and narrow ankles only.
- Munro Cerise Smoking Slipper Loafer: Tuxedo Slipper Fabness. Very comfortable, and available in wide sizes. Comes in solid black. Super cute and on trend.
- Dansko Louella Oxford: AMAZING low-heeled oxfords. Very well made, excellent arch support and very comfortable. Works on both low and high-volume feet. Comes in black.
- Aquatalia by Marvin K Genna Weatherproof Tall Boot: THE casual tall boot for narrow calves, but will only work on petites if you have relatively long legs. The pointy toe is an on-trend update on the classic riding boot style. SUBLIME comfort if your foot is not too wide. Made in Italy and impeccable quality. Weatherproof. Equestrian Chic.
- Earthies 'Essen' Ghillie Flat: Cutest casual flats at the NAS. Unique. Extremely comfortable, with excellent arch support. Can work for low and higher volume feet. Size up for wide feet. All the colours are nice.
- Ecco 'Soft 7' Sneaker: Glitzy Casual. Magically comfy sneakers for regular and higher volume feet. The pewter has fun olive laces. The black looks like a Chanel sneaker, and the blush is as pretty as can be.
- AGL Cap Toe Flat: Deluxe Pretty Flat Fabness. The metallic leather is sublimely subtle and cool-toned. Fab comfort when you don't need a lot of arch support. Works well on bunions.
- Louise Et Cie Fenn Lace-Up Oxford: Polished & Tailored Androgynous Fabness. Amazing textured leather, and very comfortable. Has worked well on both higher and lower volume feet. Sharp.
- Dolce Vita Marra Double Zip Bootie: I found these uncomfortable because the leather isn't soft, but clients with hardier feet loved them in the cream and silver. Size up half a size for wider feet.
- Rebecca Minkoff Annette Ankle Boot: The shootie comes in black, blush and camel, all of which are fab. Personally, I like the blush and camel best because they look softer than the black. Fits low to regular volume feet. Good for a higher instep. Get a scarf to complement the pink.
- PIKOLINOS 'Maple' Wedge Bootie: Fab casual wedge bootie for higher volume feet. Well made. Comfy and stable.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Johanna Loafer: Dressy Loafer Fabness. Fun iridescent velvet loafers with tonal hardware. Comfortable. Runs half a size big. Comes in solid patent which is perfect for biz casual. Versatile.
- Aquatalia Tisha Weatherproof Bootie: A beautifully made heeled casual bootie that's 100% weatherproof. Fits a lower volume foot and narrow ankle best. The taupe is less warm in person.
- Børn Karava Bootie: The leather on these boots is sublimely soft. WOW. Very comfy and fits higher volume feet. Nice arch support. All the colours are fab.
- Cole Haan Grandpro Tennis Shoe: Bright purple velvet sneakers that are EXTREMELY lightweight. Comfy.
- Blondo Riyan Waterproof Sneaker: Good WATERPROOF sneaker for high-volume feet. Lots of room in the toe box. All the colours are fun.
- Aquatalia by Marvin K Franca Weatherproof Bootie: Fabulous on the foot, weatherproof, and all the colours are nice. Very streamlined. Nice heel shape, and looks quite dressy. The fit is tricky. The foot portion is very comfortable if you have low and regular volume feet, but the ankle opening can cut into your shin. Some clients did not have that problem. It's a gamble.
- Cole Haan Lacey Ankle Strap Wedge Pump: A comfy wedge if you can manage the heel height. Works on regular volume feet, but not good for high insteps or wider ankles. All the colours are nice. Pretty.
- Adidas Superstar Slip-On Sneaker: Super cute sneakers for high-volume feet.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
Some of the scarves were AMAZING. Looked designer, but at a much more affordable price. Some fun items of jewellery and bags too.
- AllSaints Mast Crossbody Tote: Casual Urban Tote Fabness.
- Rebecca Minkoff Leather Camera Bag with Guitar Strap: Chic crossbody or shoulder bag in a roomy size with fabulous interchangeable guitar strap. Impeccable quality. All colours are fab.
- Rebecca Minkoff Medium Julian Metallic Leather Backpack: A MINI backpack to use instead of a clutch. DARLING. The crushed pink velvet version is as beautiful. Well made.
- Tory Burch Frida Leather Satchel: Prettiest tote at the sale. Not bulky. Has a shoulder strap and all the colours are nice. The quilted burgundy version is ultra rich and unique. Personally, I like the blush best. Chic.
- Kate Spade New York young lane - small anika leather dome satchel: An excellent satchel style that can be worn on the shoulder. Lies very flat against the body. No extra long strap. All the colours are nice. There's a cute colour blocked version with floral lining that gets my top vote.
- Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Leather Tote: If you love the canvas version, try the more polished Longchamp tote. I vote RED.
- PIXIE MOOD Kim Convertible Faux Leather Backpack: Amazing lightweight faux leather backpack that holds an iPad.
- Halogen Halogen Leather Cuff: Graphic arm candy that looks polished, professional and pretty despite the hard edge. All the colours and metals are fab.
- Madewell Pivot Pendant Necklace: Lovely brushed gold with a bright dose of malachite. Adjustable chain.
- Halogen Horizon Disc Pendant Necklace: A shorter length pendant in this style is hard to find. Unique. Not too heavy.
- Halogen Ring Drop Post Earring: Change up the studs! An amazing essential to wear daily. Both metals are great. SMALL, not big.
- Argento Vivo Chain Ball Drop Earrings: Graphic big earrings that are more lightweight than they look. Dramatic.
- Argento Vivo Stick Ball Earrings: Dainty, yet substantial. Architectural.
- Treasure&Bond Pavé Disc Leather Cuff: Glitzy Hard-Edged Fabness. Sufficiently polished for business casual. Great with a suit blazer that's scrunched at the sleeves. Fits a wider wrist.
- Hinge Butterfly Collage Square Silk Scarf: The pattern is a work of art in both colours. Beautifully drapey, silky and soft. Fun tassels that keep the slippery silk in place. A designer look at a fraction of the price.
- Halogen Pleated Scarf: A crystal pleated scarf in a better size than the average neckerchief. Amazing texture. All the patterns are fab.
- Ted Baker London Large Paulet Neon Tote: Ted Baker florals are works of art. A fab floral on a dark background will brighten your day in cold weather. But as lovely in the white. Structured, yet relaxed with the shoulder strap.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
NAS Top Picks by Category
This is part of a five post series:
Also check out my introduction to the series, and the items I brought home from the sale. And be sure to browse wardrobe basics like underwear, socks, loungewear, sleepwear and workout wear if you like to use the sale to replenish those types of items at this time of year. Good hunting.