There weren’t as many fab dresses at this year’s sale, but some great looks nonetheless. Although I complain profusely about the sea of sleeveless dresses at retail, they do have the advantage of being comfortable to wear with toppers (no sleeve bunching). Many clients were happy to go sleeveless as long as we found the RIGHT topper to finish off the look. So I’ve added some great dress toppers at the end, in case you need them. Cardigans, denim jackets, wraps, capes and coats work well over dresses too.
- Boss Hakordia Belted Sheath Dress: A fab frock that works best on a regular or long torso with a strong shoulder line and defined waist. Wear it as a classic, or layer a shirt/blouse under the dress. Fun over cropped pants, jeans and leggings too. Impeccable quality.
- Karen Kane Taylor Flare Sleeve A-Line Dress: An amazing dress on most body types. It's elongating, comfortable, and hides lumps and bumps. Excellent drape and good length. Comes in petites. The smallest size will fit a size US2. You are sized out if you wear a size US0.
- CeCe Floral Scuba Sheath Dress: This dress surprised me because I thought it would be clingy. Yet, it's wonderfully forgiving on midsection extra bits. You don't need to suck in your tummy because it holds you in. Crease-resistant. Fab on a larger bust. Size up a size. Dressy and fun.
- CeCe Scalloped Hem Shift Dress: Mod Fabness. Gorgeous shade of cranberry. Very fun dainty bow closure at the back. Comfortable. You can have Thanksgiving dinner in this dress. Size down one or two sizes.
- Lafayette 148 New York Fabiana Dress: Avant-garde dress with clean lines and architectural sleeves. Runs a size big. Works well on an hourglass and rectangular body type. Can work on an inverted triangle and moderate apple shape too. Elegant. Impeccable quality.
- Halogen Button Back Ruffle Hem Dress: I LOVED this dress over cropped straights or cropped kick flares. Runs at least a size big. There's one in a teal and black pattern if that tickles your fancy. Hem flounce is quite subtle. Super cute. DIFFERENT.
- Halogen Flounce Back Shift Dress: Avant-Garde School Girl Fabness. It runs very big, is unstructured, and hangs in a straight and architectural manner. But the vertical lines offset the volume in a clever and creative way. Great layered over a long tee, blouse and shirt. Some clients liked it over cropped straights and leggings. Warning: do NOT try this dress unless you're fine with volume.
- Classiques Entier Leather Trim Italian Ponte Knit Dress: AMAZING dress on an Inverted triangle, rectangle or hourglass. Despite the high neckline, it works well on a larger bust. My size US12 client looked killer in this. Amazing with a moto layered over the top. Sharp.
- Classiques Entier Pinstripe Stretch Silk Midi Dress: Avant-Garde Fabness. You need to have a longer waist and be fairly tall to make this work so that the waistline hits you in the right spot. It's surprisingly good on a larger bust. LOVE the diagonal stripes. Gorgeous drape and quality. Comfy.
- Fabiana Filippi Stretch Wool & Cashmere Ruffle Dress: AMAZING dress on a petite who does not mind surrendering their waist. Wear a wrap as a topper, or coat for the holidays. Fab with tall sleek boots or booties. Gorgeous colour. Impeccable quality.
- Fuzzi Print Tulle Sheath Dress: An INCREDIBLE dress for a narrow body type. Tight but very comfortable. It's clingy, but drapes beautifully. The pattern and embroideries are stunning. Elegant length. Runs one to two sizes small. Impeccable quality
- Eliza J Jersey Sheath Dress: The colours are fabulous for Fall & Winter. A good length to wear to the office, SLEEVED, and there's plenty of structure. Fitted but not clingy. Good on an hourglass and rectangular body type. Could work on an inverted triangle too. Not good on apple shapes. Comfortable, well made, lined, and machine washable. Works EXTREMELY well on a curvy plus size.
- Ellen Tracy Pintuck Ponte Sheath Dress: Structured without the cling. SLEEVED. Streamlined and a fab length for the office. V-neck is great on a larger bust or short neck. Lovely colour.
- KUT from the Kloth Tayanita Faux Suede Jacket: A machine washable suede jacket to wear over sleeveless tops and dresses. Super soft, drapey, and more interesting than a basic cardigan. Comes in handy and looks fab. Runs a size big. Both colours are fab.
- Kate Spade New York textured tweed jacket: An AMAZING jacket to wear over sleeveless sheath dresses to the office or to a dressier event. It's unlined, lightweight, well made, and has gorgeous hardware. The textured fabric and buttons liven up the black.
- BLANKNYC Metallic Faux Leather Moto Jacket: Gold Moto Fabness in faux leather. Runs small and works well on petites or a slight frame. Comes in dark olive.
- Levi's Crop Military Jacket: A military jacket that is best suited to a smaller bust, and looks good worn open. The olive is brighter in person. Cropped, and fab over dresses and skirts. Interchangeable with a denim jacket. Good on petites.
- Ted Baker London Lizia Leather Biker Jacket: Gorgeous fit and floral lining with unique rose gold hardware. Fitted with amazing fluidity. Statement collar. Impeccable quality. Versatile.
- BLANKNYC Embroidered Faux Leather Moto Jacket: Super cute faux leather moto with gorgeous embroidery and tonal studs. Runs a size to two small. Very fitted.
- Sejour Leather Collarless Jacket: A leather jacket that's well suited to a very curvy body type and larger bust. Streamlined and clean. Collar works on a shorter neck. Super soft and well cut. Flattering. Chic.
- Halogen Asymmetrical Zip Tweed Jacket: A fab fit for a short-waisted, curvy hourglass or pear-shaped body type with a shorter neck. Looks as good zipped up. Lightweight, and can be layered under a coat. Nice shade of navy.
- Karen Kane Faux Leather Patch Jacket: A well-made topper that drapes likes a dream. Substantial and just structured enough. Comes in black. Comfy.
- Sejour Quilted Faux Leather Bomber Jacket: SUPER cute streamlined bomber jacket. Works with just about everything, and fits a range of body types. Comes in black.
- Helene Berman Ribbon Yarn Collarless Jacket: Gorgeous business casual jacket to wear with black or navy trousers or skirts. Fab with jeans too. Looks as good over dresses. Fitted and sharp. Might run a size small. Works on a range of body types.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
NAS Top Picks by Category
This is part of a five post series:
Also check out my introduction to the series, and the items I brought home from the sale. And be sure to browse wardrobe basics like underwear, socks, loungewear, sleepwear and workout wear if you like to use the sale to replenish those types of items at this time of year. Good hunting.