After a first and second list of standout items at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, here’s a final list of standouts before I publish my list of top picks by category next week. These are items that my clients brought to my attention, and winners that were shared by YLF forum members.
The NAS section of the forum is in full swing. Members are discussing items, showing them in action, and sharing their fab and not-so-fab experiences. I find it really helpful and you might too if you’re navigating the sale.
Please check colour combinations and size options because for practical reasons I am showing the items in straight sizes and a single colour. Read the reviews and feel free to ask questions along the way. Do share your own winners in the comments section. I’ll post my final roundup of top picks by category on August 19 when the sale is officially open to all.
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan: There are six Barefoot Dreams cardigans on sale, and this is a popular one with my clients. It's an at-home look, or for extremely relaxed settings. Not quite a robe, but almost. SUPER soft, cosy and comforting. Comes in a few neutrals. Sometimes the arms are a little narrow on this style, in which case try one of the others.
- SWEATY BETTY Power Workout 7/8 Leggings: Fun patterned workout leggings that come in a neon green pattern.
- SWEATY BETTY Power Crop Top: A workout top that fits a range of body types, and has leggings to match. Some of our forum members are wearing these with roomy athleisure pants and skirts for an at-home look in high heat.
- Ecco Corksphere Flip Flop: Happy, bright, supportive and comfy flip-flops for at-home or beach/pool comfort.
- Timberland Nellie Waterproof Chukka Boot: These are very cute, comfy and pretty on the foot. Works well on wider feet. WEATHERPROOF. Great in ice, light rain, and a bit of snow. The pink nubuck, although robust, is harder to clean, so you have to be okay with that. I'd dodge those awfully muddy patches if I were you.
- Eliza J High/Low Fit & Flare Dress: A fit-and-flare midi with a V-neck AND pockets is hard to find. This one ticks off the boxes, and is flattering. Dress it up or down. Comfy, easy and chic.
- Børn Isobelle Tassel Bootie: A comfy and cushioning bootie for Team Rugged and Team Western. Can work on a higher volume foot, but not a very wide foot.
- Nike Internationalist SE Sneaker: Sleek, crisp, and very 2020. Wear them with just about anything. Works on wider feet.
- TOMMY JOHN Lounge Henley Tee: '90s Henley Fabness. Soft, comfy, flattering, and a nice fit. An alternative to a basic long-sleeved tee.
- BLANKNYC Floral Pleated Brocade Shorts: Baroque Shorts Fabness that work well on a curvier figure, and a defined waist. Cute look with black top, black opaques, and black boots.
- Boss Fucille Knit Midi Pencil Skirt: A well-made, luxe, and very comfy STRETCH tube skirt in a Winter weight that is polished and professional. It has a sleeveless top and topper to match to create a three-piece dress. Flattering, easy and versatile.
- Rag & Bone Walker Snake Embossed Leather Phone Pouch: A handy little phone, keys and card pouch that blends into most outfits.
- AVEC LES FILLES Wool Blend Fit & Flare Coat: A long teal wool coat has been on the wishlist of many of my clients. I don't know how this fits, but the brand has not let me down yet. Usually nice quality and not too pricey. So if you're after a long teal coat in a tailored fit and classic design - this might be the one. It comes in burgundy.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Florita Platform Derby: I don't know how these fit, but I trust the brand who usually makes comfortable and well-designed footwear. Fun with statement socks, shorter pant hems, and comes in burgundy. Or cute peeking out from under wide hems.
- BDG URBAN OUTFITTERS Mom Jeans: If you want to try a pair of trendy jeans, these are one way to go, and great on a curvy body type. NO STRETCH, so you've been warned. They run big to some and small to others depending on how baggy you want them to fit.
- Zella Amazing Cozy Wrap Jacket: A comfy athleisure topper to wear at home, post workouts, or out and about in very casual settings. Comes in grey and runs big.
- GOLDEN RABBIT Baking Pan: I got this in a vintage blue pattern because I like to cook all in one easy tray bakes. Great size. Not too big. Four colour options.
- Wit & Wisdom Ab-Solution Itty Bitty Bootcut Jeans: A no-nonsense pair of black bootcuts that are streamlining on the midsection and thighs. Soft, versatile, and comfy. Works well on a curvier body type, and is great with cowboy or Chelsea boots. Size down.
- Kenneth Cole New York Notch Collar Curly Faux Shearling Coat: Gorgeous coat and quality, well made, rich and super cosy. I like the Teddy texture and long peacoat styling, although it might be a lint magnet. It runs very big so size down at least a size. Lots of room for layering.
- OluKai Wehi 'Ohana Flip Flop: Great supportive and sturdy flip-flops that come in many colours. Good for at home too.
- CLICK & GROW Smart Garden 9 Self Watering Indoor Garden: If you can't have a herb garden outside - try one inside that self waters. Available in a smaller size.
- GOLDEN RABBIT Set of 3 Nesting Bowls: I got these and they are fabulous. Metal, robust, versatile, practical and fun. Comes in colours. They are coming with us on a picnic tomorrow.
- Wit & Wisdom Luxe Touch Ab-Solution High Waist Straight Leg Crop Jeans: Extremely comfortable and streamlined jeans. No digging in the waist. Works on both curvier and straighter body types because they mould to the contour of the body. Straighter hips might need to size down.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.