These items have been winners on my clients and some forum members, and are good for Summer. You’ll see shoes from Israeli brand Naot, who specialize in creating comfortable sandals with support. If the styles that I’ve highlighted here are not to your taste, be sure to check out the brand’s larger assortment. Some of the footwear is made in Israel.
Browse the colour and size options, and make sure your wardrobes are adequately refreshed if Summers are long and hot in your neck of the woods.
- Old Navy Mid-Rise Boyfriend Straight White Jeans for Women: These white jeans are substantial, and don't bag out much. The pocket linings do not grin through to the front of the jeans. Nice tailored fit. Relaxed with a mid-rise. Can work on a curvier figure. Straighter figures size down.
- Gap Soho Skort: If you like to wear sporty skorts in the Summer, try these. They fit a range of body types, come in five quiet neutrals and colours, and are easy to wear and launder. Size up if you want a loose fit.
- Zara PRINTED DRESS WITH BAG: This was worn by a blogger we featured recently and I loved it. So I ordered the breezy, cheerful, tiered, and 100% cotton number because it's just the type of covered dress I like to wear in a typical Seattle Summer. It came and went because it runs big and overwhelmed me. I could not size down. But it's very soft and comfy, hemmable, and fab for Team Tall. I love the '60s vibe of the pattern.
- Hobo HOBO: '70s Patchwork Wristlet Fabness. Comes in black and brown solids.
- Briggs & Riley Rhapsody Essential Water Resistant Nylon Tote: A well-made nylon work tote with a great assortment of organizational pockets. Lightweight, modern classic, and professional in a more relaxed way. The eggplant is sold out, but the rich dark blue is gorgeous. It does not close completely up top, which is a deal-breaker for me, but might not be for you.
- Aimee Kestenberg Bali Backpack: Here is one way to wear the Patchwork trend, and with a geometric integrity at that. Comes in a fun neutral feather print.
- Tommy Bahama Safari Bliss Jacket: Botanical patterns are on-trend, and this one in linen screams tropical Summer. Breathable, slubby, and size down.
- COS Sun Hat: If you enjoy wearing a floppy Summer hat, try this one with an extra long back for neck and partial back coverage.
- COS A-line Shirt Dress: This oversized shirt dress comes in bright green and white, and drapes in the usual architectural COS way. Well-made, 100% cotton, machine-washable, and plenty of length for Team Tall.
- Nordstrom Rover Nylon Tote: Classic Animal Tote Fabness. Comes in solid black.
- Talbots Oasis Palms Crinkle Gauze Popover: A fluid crinkle cotton blouse with a boho-lite integrity that works well on a larger bust and/or apple-shaped body type. Good on a curvy petite too. This is a plus size style when you click the link, and beautifully styled with white jeans, gold sandals, and wicker bag. Comes in regular sizes.
- Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama: If you're after a sleeveless V-neck dress with a shaped bodice, and roomier skirt cut that isn't flared - try this one. The hem is easily shortened to your desired length. Comes in solid black and size down.
- Naot 'Intact' Sandal: A silver sandal with a chunky and casual, yet somewhat refined appearance that is comfortable and supportive is a tall order. Works on a range of feet because the straps are adjustable. Comes in three other neutrals.
- Naot Mermaid Sandal: Naot makes this sandal every season, and I have many happy clients in it. It doesn't look supportive, but it is. Pretty on the foot.
- Naot Lodos Mule: A very comfy and supportive mule with a bit of a clog vibe that comes in many quiet colours and a few patterns. I'd be trying it if it came in white.
- Naot Verbena Sandal: These come in two more neutrals, and look elegantly chunky on the foot. Can work for a wider foot and higher instep. Great arch support.
- Liz Claiborne Mid Rise Cropped Pants: Chinos that come in seven colours, work quite well on a curvier body type, aren't too high in the rise, and cost $21. Some of the colours go up to a US30W.
- G-Star Raw E Utility Sleeveless Jacket: An edgy vest that works well over a column of black, navy or white. Fab with dresses and skirts too.
- G-Star Raw 3301 Slim Jacket: Striped Denim Jacket Fabness that is unique and fun to wear with white. Tailored fit.
- FANTURE Women's Adjustable Memory Foam Slippers Comfort Knitted Open Toe Non-Slip Breathable House Shoes Indoor & Outdoor: I bought these house slippers for hot days in our Seattle loft that does not have air conditioning, and they are fabulous. A nice rubber sole that feels supportive. Adjustable velcro straps that fit my low-volume feet. And super soft breathable fabric that is cooling to the touch. The open-toe style is VERY breezy.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.