Simpler items can be very versatile, especially when they are wardrobe essentials for your style. They can be dressed up or down, and remixed in many combinations. They can also make a statement piece shine.
The items below have been winners on our forum members and some clients recently, and are well worth a look if you’re in a simpler mood. Be sure to browse all the size and colour options.
- PIKOLINOS Womens Vicar W0V-8668 Leather Boots: Very comfortable, and can work on higher volume feet when the laces are adjusted. This dark shade of brown is unique and the white laces add an interesting punch. Comes in other neutrals.
- Women's Plus Size Short Sleeve Button-Down Shirts - Ava & Viv: This is a great cotton Summer chambray shirt with a nice diagonal sleeve. Looks as good tucked and can be knotted at the waist. Comes in a large scale yellow gingham.
- Ecco Soft 7 Mono 2.0 Sneaker: I retired an old pair of white sneakers that started hurting my feet, and replaced them with these that are MUCH more comfortable. They were too wide for my low-volume and narrow feet, but I fixed that by placing a spongy double insole underneath the insole that came with the shoes. Now they fit really well. They are very crisp, clean, simple and classic. I love them. Might duplicate or get the pink. Check the colours with matching soles.
- Fossil Women's Maya Leather Satchel Purse Handbag: A smashing earthy and polished satchel that works as a crossbody. Comes in black.
- Reiss Tereza White Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt – REISS: These tees come in an assortment of neutrals and soft colours. They fit well, drape well, and aren't see-through. The short diagonal cuffed sleeve looks pretty and polished.
- Women's High-Rise Pleat Front Wide Leg Trousers - A New Day: These have worked particularly well for a curvier figure, and are delightfully Summery. They are long but easy to hem, and come in an off-white.
- Club Monaco Pleated Flounce Skirt: This pleated skirt lies quite flat, flounces freely in motion, and is for Team Teal. The magical diagonal line of the hem adds elegant interest. There is one for Team Blush at Club Monaco too.
- G-Star Raw Slim Denim Overshirt: I almost kept this absolutely beautifully made architectural denim jacket that is sustainably and ethically produced. The quality and detailing are SUBLIME. The silhouette is trapeze but it has side snaps for a little waist definition. Click through the views to see it from all the angles. I loved the shorter back and white stitching too. It's raw denim and stiff, so you've been warned. It's also for Team Long Neck (although you can fold down the collar). The side entry pockets are handy. The blue is too teal for me, but might be dead right for you.
- G-Star Raw Whistler Slim Down Jacket: I'm looking for a new short and warm, and fairly tailored puffer jacket with a hood for Winter beach days with the doggies, and this one is perfect. Impeccable quality, sustainably and ethically produced, and comes in neutrals or red. I want the orange, but need a smaller size than the one I ordered, which is currently unavailable. I hope it comes back into stock in my size.
- Babaton the slouchOversized double-breasted wool coat: This is a fab oversized coat to wear over bulky layers and blazers. It comes in several earth tones, and is a nice long length. Well-made, and looks as good open as it does closed. Dress it up or down.
- Madewell The Sydney Zip-Top Crossbody Bag: Cognac Crossbody Fabness, and a little different to the norm. Comes in black. Casually polished.
- Old Navy Sleeveless Cross-Back Rib-Knit Midi Shift Dress for Women: A very easy and comfy knitted dress with back criss-cross detailing that's very breezy. Works well with a sports bra. Glides and does not cling. Comes in an assortment of neutrals.
- Wit & Wisdom Ab-solution Denim Bermuda Shorts: I have these for my beach and pool capsule. VERY comfy and a great streamlined fit. I feel great in them. They are excellent quality, do not stretch out, and have a good mid rise. The soft and stretchy fabric moulds to the shape of your figure, but does not cling. Personally, I love the longer length, and wear them unrolled to cover the knee.
- Wit & Wisdom Ab-Solution White Bermuda Shorts: I just got these to add to my Summer beach and pool capsule because the blue denim I got years ago worked really well. They fit a little roomier than the blue, which is a good idea with white denim. Substantial and not see-through. I love the longer length, and wear them unrolled to cover the knee.
- French Connection Packable Puffer Anorak Jacket: This is a simple modern classic in a strong colour, which is just my cup of tea. I like the double zipper, the option to create a little waist definition with the drawstring, and the hood. It's great for mild beach walks with the dogs, so I've ordered it. The Dutch orange is unique. Comes in cream.
- T Tahari Emily Lightweight Puffer Jacket: A dressier and fitted short puffer that will look good with skirts and dresses. Can work on petites. Lovely quality and $70. Comes in silver.
- Gap Whisper Featherless Parka: A handy throw-on-and-go topper with optional waist definition. Versatile. The round hem is flattering. XXS to 3XL.
- Gap Whisper Featherless Jacket: A lightweight purple puffer with an interesting hemline is a tall order - and here it is. Back has an architectural touch. Comes in black. XXS to 3XL.
- Clarks Clarks: Comfy, and can work for higher insteps and narrower heels. Comes in two other neutrals, and in narrow and wide widths.
- Amazon Essentials Women's Lightweight Long-Sleeve Cable Crewneck Sweater: A simple and fairly tailored sweater with stitch interest that comes in 24 colours. Cotton-rich and machine-washable.
- Wallaroo Hat Company Women’s Catalina Sun Hat – Modern Handwoven, Twisted Natural Raffia, Wide Brim, Designed in Australia: Australian brand Wallaroo make excellent classic straw sunhats. I have one that is packable and love it.
- Levi's Upside-Downable Trucker Jacket: NOT a simple piece, but well worth a mention. It can be worn like this AND upside down. Click the image to see the variations. Creative, dramatic and architectural. It's voluminous and supposed to be. I like the '80s vibe of it!
You can see the pictures alongside the items on the collection page.