Coats and jackets are good at the NAS and this year was no different. I was pleased to see an assortment of tailored and fluid coats because I am bored with the relentless oversized look. I would have liked to see a wider assortment of colours, but we can’t have everything. Neutrals are the order of the day, with a strong nod to olive.
- Pendleton Roslyn Waterproof Lambswool Blend Hooded Coat: Pendleton makes a quality product and this coat does not disappoint. Weatherproof, breathable and in a beautiful shade of navy. A fabulous classic that runs a size or two big. Casually Darling. Read the rave reviews.
- French Connection Mixed Media Parka with Faux Fur Trim Hood: Fab casual parka in a tailored cut. Works on a range of body types. Read the rave reviews.
- Burberry Milbridgen Wool Blend Military Coat: A STUNNING military coat in a lightweight wool that runs small. It's maximal so consider yourself warned: very shiny buttons, epaulettes, welted pockets, cuffs, back pleat detailing, large collar AND a cutline on the waist. It's a little glitzy so beware if that's not your thing. Impeccable quality.
- Halogen Asymmetrical Zip Boiled Wool Blend Coat: A wool coat that can be zipped up for structure or left unzipped for an avant-garde vibe. Sublime shade of teal. Has worked best on body types that can fill it out in the shoulders and/or bust. Runs big. All colours are fab. As amazing in plus sizes.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Hooded Quilted Coat: Casual Equestrian Fabness. A beautifully made quilted coat with waist definition and removable hood. Gorgeous cognac piping. Rich and classic. Runs a size big. Chic.
- Pendleton Paul Bunyan Plaid Wool Blend Barn Coat: Blue Bumblebee Fabness. CHARMING, happy, and one of the best coats at the sale. Very unique, and a work of art. The leather trim around the collar and pockets is gorgeous. Fun red piping on the inside. Sufficiently oversized to fit chunky knitwear underneath. Very bold statement. Seams run off the shoulder making a very trendy statement. Impeccable quality.
- Kristen Blake Funnel Neck Wool Blend Coat: Funnel Coat Fabness. A modern classic with a playful touch. Works as well for shorter necks when you fold down the collar. A lighter weight wool coat. Read the rave reviews.
- T Tahari Tahari 'Tessa' Boiled Wool Blend Coat: A stunningly cozy and crisp modern classic coat. Gorgeous colour, and brilliant on a larger bust. It runs two sizes big so SIZE DOWN. There is lots of room in the sleeves if that's generally a concern. If you wear a regular size 0, the XS will be too big.
- Sam Edelman Faux Fur Collar A-Line Anorak: Fabulous cocoon anorak in a sour shade of olive. Voluminous yet structured in all the right places. It's lightly quilted so will work for Fall or a mild Winter. Roomy in the sleeves so great over chunky knitwear. Cosy and trendy. AMAZING dramatic funnel neck and faux fur trim. Will not work on a short neck unless you fold down the collar.
- Kenneth Cole New York Double Face Coat: At last. An exciting colour at the sale. A BRIGHT cinnamon topper is unique, and this one functions like an indoor jacket. Looks great fastened in front. Fab on petites in a petite size.
- Eileen Fisher Leather Detail Wool Sweater Coat: Elegant Hard Edge. A slimming and heavy weight sweater coat. Camouflages muffin top. Looks best when the snaps are fastened. Works surprisingly well on a large bust and shorter neck. Runs at least a size big. Impeccable quality. Sharp.
- The North Face ThermoBall PrimaLoft Hooded Parka: Best long gear topper at the sale. Sleek, lightweight, packable, and weather-resistant. The waist can be narrowed with a drawstring for structure. Great length on us all.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Crepe Drape Front Trench Coat: A fab coat for a pear-shaped body type. Well made and good drape. Works well on a larger bust. Reasonably warm, but not as warm as a puffer coat.
- Gallery Water Repellent Hooded Anorak: A quick and easy casual throw-on-and go weatherproof topper with a little waist definition. Great in the olive. Read the rave reviews.
- Pendleton Cheyenne Plaid Wool Blend Coat with Faux Shearling Collar: Lumber Jack Chic. I haven't seen this coat in person but Pendleton's quality is fab, and they usually run a size or two big. Fun look and yummy in the red.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
- Classiques Entier Stretch Wool Blend Suit Jacket: An on-trend long blazer that worked on most body types. Might run a size small. Worked well on petites with long arms. Sharp.
- Boss Jenesa Suit Jacket: If you're full in the bust and need a gorgeous suit jacket - try this style. It's streamlining, soft, sharp and rich in colour. It comes with a skirt and dress. Impeccable quality.
- T Tahari Skylar Leather Moto Jacket: A dressier moto that looks best on those who can fill it out. The fit is GORGEOUS on a larger bust because it's magically streamlining - (thank you Tahari). Runs large. AMAZING in plus sizes too. Impeccable quality. Rich and smart casual. Chic.
- Lafayette 148 New York Edith Jacket: A sharp, professional and chic career wear jacket. Impeccable quality. The tipped detailing is immaculate. Works well over a full bust. Both colours are fab.
- Caslon Twill Peplum Jacket: A VERY lightweight topper that has worked on just about every client. Comes in three colours and runs a size or two big.
- Veronica Beard Benson Moto Jacket: A beautifully fluid moto with a good amount of tailoring. I love the luxe BLUE striped fabric, and graphic tipping. Incredible drape. Gorgeous back seaming. The intricate design detailing is impressive. Slanted pockets are flattering thereby drawing the eye to the waist without defining it. Impeccable quality. Has worked on a range of body types. Sharp.
- LaMarque Asymmetrical Zip Leather Biker Jacket: A classic, structured moto with very clean lines. Works well on both an hourglass and an apple-shaped body type. Good on a long torso.
- Bernardo Quilted Velvet Bomber Jacket: Crushed Velvet Bomber Fabness. Extremely cosy. On trend, robust and crease-resistant. Get the petite if you're short. Works on an assortment of body types. It's bulky so consider yourself warned. As nice in grey.
- Ted Baker London Lizia Leather Biker Jacket: Gorgeous fit and floral lining with unique rose gold hardware. Fitted with amazing fluidity. Statement collar. Impeccable quality. Versatile.
- Lafayette 148 New York Austin Perforated Lambskin Leather Jacket: Immaculate leather jacket to wear with jeans or trousers. Works best on an hourglass. Fitted and beautifully structured without feeling stiff. Chic.
- Karen Kane Faux Leather Patch Jacket: A well-made topper that drapes likes a dream. Substantial and just structured enough. Comes in black. Comfy.
- KUT from the Kloth Tayanita Faux Suede Jacket: A machine washable suede jacket to wear over sleeveless tops and dresses. Super soft, drapey, and more interesting than a basic cardigan. Comes in handy and looks fab. Runs a size big. Both colours are fab.
- Kate Spade New York textured tweed jacket: An AMAZING jacket to wear over sleeveless sheath dresses to the office or to a dressier event. It's unlined, lightweight, well made, and has gorgeous hardware. The textured fabric and buttons liven up the black.
- Classiques Entier Wool Blend Moto Jacket: I loved how fresh the silhouette was on my clients. It fits like a dressy cocooned moto, and is in a unique shade of pastel petrol. Excellent with black and white. It worked well on apple-shaped petite clients, tall willowy rectangles, and curvy hourglasses who are fine surrendering their waist.
- Sejour Quilted Faux Leather Bomber Jacket: SUPER cute streamlined bomber jacket. Works with just about everything, and fits a range of body types. Comes in black.
- Classiques Entier Bell Sleeve Wool Blend Jacket: A beautifully made bell sleeve blazer that's for Team Earth Tones. It's longer than it looks, and works best on an hourglass body type. Layering a sleek long-sleeved top underneath works like a charm. Brighter in person.
- Levi's Crop Military Jacket: A military jacket that is best suited to a smaller bust, and looks good worn open. The olive is brighter in person. Cropped, and fab over dresses and skirts. Interchangeable with a denim jacket. Good on petites.
- BLANKNYC Metallic Faux Leather Moto Jacket: Gold Moto Fabness in faux leather. Runs small and works well on petites or a slight frame. Comes in dark olive.
- Rebecca Taylor Tweed Peplum Jacket: GORGEOUS dressy peplum jacket that looks as good with jeans as it does with business casual bottoms. Works well on curvy and straighter body types. Dramatic side and back silhouette. Luxe textured fabric adds life to the grey. Impeccable quality.
- Ted Baker London Butterfly Kaleidoscope Silk Cape Scarf: Prettiest wrapped cape at the sale. Looks a little like a kimono. VERY lightweight. Good over sleeveless dresses.
- BLANKNYC Embroidered Faux Leather Moto Jacket: Super cute faux leather moto with gorgeous embroidery and tonal studs. Runs a size to two small. Very fitted.
- Trouvé Leopard Print Blazer: I couldn't believe this was not a designer item. AMAZING architectural silhouette from all angles. The inset peplum is a work of art. Beautifully made. Tailored in a cleverly fluid way. WOW.
- Sejour Leather Collarless Jacket: A leather jacket that's well suited to a very curvy body type and larger bust. Streamlined and clean. Collar works on a shorter neck. Super soft and well cut. Flattering. Chic.
- Opening Ceremony Reversible Silk Bomber Jacket: Fully reversible, a unique combination of colours and well made. Trendy Sporty Luxe, but to some extent, very classic. The reverse side is forest green. Fluid fit, and might run a size big.
- Trouvé Raw Edge Leather Jacket: A SUPER soft, drapey and lightweight leather jacket that works on most body types. Moulds to the body to create structure. Comes in black.
- Michael Hooded Down & Neoprene Jacket: Best sporty hoody at the NAS. AMAZING fabric and fit. Very streamlined and with fab gold hardware. The longer back rounded hem is divine. Runs big. The XS will not fit a size 0.
- Eileen Fisher Merino Wool Blend Jacket: Great colour. Forgiving on the midsection. Boxy and works well when you can fill it out. Moulds to the body. Comfortable. Might run a size big.
- J.Crew J.Crew Regent Houndstooth Plaid Blazer: Dressy Equestrian Fabness. Runs a size big. Gorgeous earthy colours. Slimming and structured. Works best on a straighter body and smaller bust.
- Eileen Fisher Wool Jacket: A comfy unlined topper with soft architectural lines. Boxy, and works well when you can fill it out in the shoulders, bust and midsection. Lovely in the oatmeal.
- Sejour Crushed Velvet Hoodie Jacket: Sporty Luxe Fabness. Fabulous colour, texture and drape. Very comfortable.
- Halogen Asymmetrical Zip Tweed Jacket: A fab fit for a short-waisted, curvy hourglass or pear-shaped body type with a shorter neck. Looks as good zipped up. Lightweight, and can be layered under a coat. Nice shade of navy.
- Helene Berman Ribbon Yarn Collarless Jacket: Gorgeous business casual jacket to wear with black or navy trousers or skirts. Fab with jeans too. Looks as good over dresses. Fitted and sharp. Might run a size small. Works on a range of body types.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
NAS Top Picks by Category
This is part of a five post series:
Also check out my introduction to the series, and the items I brought home from the sale. And be sure to browse wardrobe basics like underwear, socks, loungewear, sleepwear and workout wear if you like to use the sale to replenish those types of items at this time of year. Good hunting.