I’ve spent a lot of time recently going through the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale items (see my roundups of clothing, footwear and handbags, and some extra picks), but there are also many bargains to be had in the Memorial Day sales at other stores. Here are a few that struck my eye.
Many of these items are available in an assortment of colours.
- Gap Slip-On Sneakers: I find them a little comfier than Vans. The tan polka dot is particularly fun.
- Banana Republic Ikat Shirt Dress: A breezy dress for the larger bust and shorter neck. Great on broad shoulders too.
- ASICS Gel-Challenger 9: A super athletic shoe. Read the rave reviews. I popped them into my shopping cart.
- Ecco Sculptured 45 Pump: A casual pump with a sporty edge. Low-heeled and comfortable.
- Loeffler Randall Rae Wedge: Elegant and fashionable.
- Gentle Souls Funtastic Wedge: Soft and comfortable despite the high heel. The light blue and peach get my top votes.
- DV by Dolce Vita Karyn Sandal: A fashionable ankle strap that works on a high volume foot.
- Fidji L456 Slingback Sandal: A closed toe sling-back for those who prefer to cover their toes, like I do. Fidji footwear is generally very comfortable and well made.
- BC Footwear Endless Thrill Bootie: A cut-out sandal bootie at a good price.
- David Tate Nessie Sandal: A chunky yet refined sandal with a retro edge. Fab on high volume feet.
- BC Footwear Prepare for Landing T-Strap Wedge: A pastel T-strap that’s super soft and quite unique.
- BCBGeneration Waist Cut Out Maxi Dress KRK65A51: An extra alluring maxi dress with high-low hemline and racer back detail. Fab for a hot Summer’s night.
- Donna Morgan Fitted Sheath Dress w/Side Ruching: A bold sleeved dress for the office. Tailored yet forgiving.
- Tibi Bibelot Crepe Wrap Front Sleeveless Dress: An interesting design that is just flattering enough.
- Jean Paul Gaultier Long Sleeve Palmer Jersey Dress: A very sleek sleeved sheath in a very bold pattern. I love it.
- Maggy London 3/4 Sleeve Dot Print MJ Wrap Bodice Flounce Hem Dress: A super style on a curvy hourglass. The flirty hem flounce looks fresh.
- Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Quest Dress: An avant-garde style that’s casually sporty in an elegant way.
- Kamalikulture Sleeveless Shirred Waist Dress: I love these dresses because they are easy to pack and drape really well. The ruching is forgiving on the midriff area. Runs small.
- Trina Turk Clover Romper: The nicest romper I’ve seen all season.
- Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Aztec Skirt: A fun asymmetrical skirt with a front and back lift.
- Velvet by Graham and Spencer Kerstie02 Skirt: A comfy ruched knit tube skirt in an assortment of neutrals.
- Three Dots Ruched Midi Skirt: Fabulous for Team Tall. Gorgeous with a T-shirt, bomber jacket and dainty sandals.
- Christin Michaels Adra Cowl Dress: Another elegant item for Team Tall. Size down.
- Pendleton All-Day Dress: A gently flared frock with a ‘40s vibe.
- Boden Erin Dress: A casual fit ’n flare in a machine washable viscose.
- Boden Amelie Dress: A Summer sweater dress in a cotton and wool blend. Ideal for the short waisted lass.
- Boden Gingham Shirt Dress: A ‘50s style that’s 100% cotton, sleeved and machine washable. Waist defining and quite casual. It’s a bold pattern so consider yourself warned.
There is lots more on sale at Zappos and Boden in particular. Have a great long weekend.