The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale is here. It is NOT to be confused with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which starts mid-July (and preselections a week before that). The Half Yearly Sale is an end of season sale, offering Spring and Summer items at reduced prices. The Anniversary Sale, on the other hand, offers brand new season merchandise for Fall and Winter at reduced prices for two weeks at the start of the season.
Here are some of my top picks from the sale. Be sure to check all the colour options and whether the style is offered in petite or plus sizes too.
- Eileen Fisher A-Line Linen Skirt: An avant-garde skirt for Summer that’s as breezy as can be. It hikes up on both sides for structure. Wear with a shorter roomy crop top for extra structure. Size down a size.
- Halogen Stretch Knit High-Low Maxi Skirt: The raised front hem adds structure to the flowy design. Pair with a fitted tee or partially tucked fluid top and sandals for Summer.
- Rachel Roy Spike Print Stretch Knit Skirt: A pencil skirt in a unique pattern with unusual front side vent detail. Modestly alluring.
- Ted Baker London Rose on Canvas Print Midi Dress: As retro as it is modern for Team Floral. The blousoned torso and waist defining belt is a fresh combination. Soft, drapey and elegant. Plenty of length for taller gals.
- Maggy London Matte Jersey Wrap Dress: A wrap with more coverage than the classic DVF. Fab for the office.
- Adrianna Papell Polka Dot Ruched Jersey Dress: Another office friendly frock. The ruched detailing is forgiving on the midsection. Pull on and go with trendy ankle strap pumps. No topper required.
- Adrianna Papell Flutter Sleeve Print Shift Dress: Great on apple, rectangle and inverted triangle body types. A fun flutter sleeve and a flattering neckline.
- Calvin Klein Printed Jersey Dress (Plus): Good on a curvy figure, and office friendly too. Bold and flattering. Plenty of length for taller gals. No topper required.
- Calvin Klein Stripe T-Shirt Dress (Plus): Casual and comfy with an alluring split sleeve for extra ventilation.
- Alexander Wang Twisted Drape dress: A little black dress with a structural waterfall drape and plenty of length.
- Eileen Fisher Scoop Neck Linen Sweater: A covered yet ventilating top to wear with the A-line linen skirt. The slight high-low hem detailing provides structure, as do the slim-fit sleeves.
- Eileen Fisher Slub Knit V-Neck Sweater: Here’s a similar style in a V-neck with a straight hem. Boxy and breezy.
- Eileen Fisher Bateau Neck Ribbed Sweater: Semi-structured, texture-rich and visually interesting with the cold shoulder.
- Eileen Fisher Silk Crepe V-Neck Tunic Dress: Wear it alone or layered over skinnies. Layer over a gauzy pullover for an arty touch.
- Alice + Olivia Eugenie Leather Trim Print Shirt: A V-neck and a diagonal sleeve is a great shape on a larger bust, shorter neck and broader shoulder. Breezy and covered. No need to wear a camisole or topper.
- Pleione Faux Wrap Blouse: A forgiving drape front blouse with lots of volume that collapses back onto the body for structure. Wear it over flared jeans, bootcut trousers, roomy shorts, pencil skirts or slim-fit bottoms.
- Stem Seamed Dolman Sleeve Tee: A fab fluid tee with structured hem, neckline and sleeves. Read the rave reviews.
- Michael Kors Print Crewneck Long Sleeve Tee: Soft and very fitted.
- Madison & Berkeley Safari Mixed Print Pullover: An on trend cropped and roomy lightweight sweatshirt to wear over shorts, boyfriend jeans and skirts.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Gamma Print Silk Top: A fashionable style to wear over high-waisted skinnies or relaxed skinnies.
- Vince Camuto Linen Sweater: A versatile Summer pullover with pointelle detailing on the sleeves and back. Wear it casually with denim or over dressier bottoms. Partially tuck the front for a little structure.
- Alexander Wang Mesh Shoulder Sweater: Nice V- shape detailing on the neck and sleeves. A good look on broad shoulders.
- Haute Hippie Lace Embellished Tee: Just the piece to layer under a fancy jacket to dress down the look.
Trousers & Jeans
- Eileen Fisher Harem Pants: These make my top picks list every season. You have to try them on to feel their magic. Fab with relaxed knit tops and sandals. Read the rave reviews. Size down.
- Haute Hippie Crop Pants: Slouchy pants that aren’t so slouchy. Their tailored waistband and rear fit provides a structured touch. Leave the cuffs down or pull them up. Wear with black ankle strap shoes.
- Citizens of Humanity Dylan Crop Relaxed Fit Jeans: The relaxed skinny and slim-fit boyfriend are pretty much the same style of jeans, and these fit the bill. They are cropped and great for milder Summer days. Size up a size.
- Trouve Tux Stripe Track Pants: An affordable way to try the silky track pants trend in a fairly muted pattern with dressy tuxedo stripe detailing. Fab with a layering top, lightweight blazer and heels.
- 7 For All Mankind Coated Tapered Pants: Relaxed, yet structured. Hard edge that can be worn with a soft touch and black ankle strap footwear. The texture is rubbery so consider yourself warned.
- Haute Hippie Tuxedo Blazer: Elegant, refined and on trend. Lightweight and ideal for Summer and Fall. Layer it over a tee for a smart casual vibe. Wear over silky track pants, bootcut trousers or jeans.
- Smythe Leather Trim Woven Jacket: Exquisite quality, superbly tailored, and will not date. Runs small.
- L’Agence Piped Trim Linen Capelet: Avant-garde in a particularly crisp and modern way. It’s voluminous so consider yourself warned.
- Caslon Draped Neck Jacket: Casual, comfortable and easy to launder.
- Vince Asymmetrical Vest: A versatile piece with clean lines and a hard edge. Wear it to toughen up pretty pieces, or accentuate its hard edge further with tough pieces.
Some of the items I have mentioned recently in roundup and fab find posts are also on sale, so if you saw something you liked, but the price point was too high, you might want to check whether it has been discounted.
Later today I will post a follow up that covers bags and footwear. I have now posted my top picks for footwear and handbags in a second post.