Free People is a casual brand with a boho, hippy, and somewhat grungy vibe. Most of the items are roomy, very roomy, colourful, and quite loud. That said, Free People can showcase items that are a little crisper, dressier and simpler. Those are the items that caught my attention this week, and many with rave reviews.
Santa Claus — aka Greg — popped two of the items under our Christmas tree as a fun surprise. I’ve worn the Head in the Clouds Beanie on walks with Sam, and the Kolby Brushed Scarf as a lounging piece for at home every day since I received them. Browse the many colour options as you peek at these top picks.
- Free People At Ease Loafer: A festive mule for hosting parties or a night out. Best for higher volume feet, although you might need to go up a size. I didn't find these comfortable, but I'm in the minority. Many rave reviews and eight lovely patterned options.
- Free People 'Beach Cocoon' Cowl Neck Pullover: A comfortable and slouchy cowl neck sweatshirt that works on a range of body types. I vote burnt orange and olive best. Might run big.
- Free People Alamosa Slouchy Bootie: Moderately comfortable boots and available in three colours. The tops fold down to create a slouchy yet streamlined effect.
- Free People Crisscross Sweater: An alluring tunic for Team Tall. Front is not too low when you have broad shoulders.
- Free People Sweet Streets Hoodie: Edwardian Sweatshirt Fabness with a beachy vibe. The cuffs on the sleeves provide a good amount of structure, and the lacey anglaise amps up the pretty. All the colours are nice.
- Free People All the Time Tunic: A dramatic shirt for a small or regular size bust. Gorgeous colour. Works well on an hourglass or pear shape. It's a very voluminous shirt so consider yourself warned. The gathered piping on the sleeves tempers the vast amount of fabric - so go ahead and have some soup.
- Free People Head in the Clouds Beanie: Fuzzy Beanie Fabness. Fits a small head, and does not need to be cuffed at the bottom. The fluff does not irritate your nasal passages nor does it shed. The grey is more more blue in person, and that's the one I have. It holds its shape and does not slouch.
- Free People Best Day Ever Sweater: A pullover that can make you smile on a cold, grey day. It's quite short, and not that slouchy. Quite grungy.
- Free People 'Royale' Pointy Toe Flat: Great pointy toe flat for high volume feet. Equally flattering on narrower and wider ankles. Available in nine colours and with amazing reviews.
- Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic: Very comfy slouchy tunic for both shorter and longer necks. The neckline can fold down in front. The tapered sleeves add ample structure to the roomy fit. Both the mink and teal are great colours.
- Free People Marilyn Kitten Heel Bootie: A moderately comfortable dressy bootie for lower volume feet.
- Free People Kolby Brushed Scarf: A GIGANTIC scarf is an acquired taste, and can work well as a casual wrap. Very soft, lightweight and cosy. I have the blue, which is a little darker in person. Excellent for at home, and Sam likes to play with the fringe.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.