You might like to refresh last year’s holiday dress with a new and fun pair of pantyhose, add statement socks to a tried-and-tested outfit, or wear knee-highs instead of socks or hosiery. My holiday dress this year is a burgundy lantern sleeve shift from Ann Taylor. I’ll be sporting a tonal vibe by combining it with micro polka dot Bordeaux hose (the first item in the roundup) instead of sheer black or black micro fishnets. Gold shoes, a cherry red suede clutch and a pile of pearls will finish off the look.
Here’s a short roundup of fab hosiery and socks to get you into the holiday mood as we slow down for the long Thanksgiving weekend.
- Oroblu Cloe Polka Dot Tights: A little pricey but quite robust, and awfully dainty and pretty on the leg. Cute with burgundy or metallic footwear. Unfortunately the burgundy is sold out but they might restock for the holidays.
- Nordstrom 3-Pack Sheer Knee Highs: These are my favourite knee-highs that I wear very regularly. Available in a few shades of nude and have just come out with navy. I bought the navy right away, along with my usual shade of nude and a SOFT black, which is gentler than the sheer black.
- Spanx Lace Socks: Fun socks to wear with black loafers or oxfords, along with cropped pants or jeans to show them off. Wearing black elsewhere in the outfit helps pull the look together.
- BEAUTIFUL LEGS BY CAROLINE Fleming Dream On Pantyhose: Swirly patterns add a Modern AND Retro vibe to your outfit. Pattern mix the hose with a dress or skirt, if you dare.
- Spanx Honeycomb Shaper Tights: The subtle yet strong honeycomb pattern is for Team Geometric. The control top is quite comfortable, and I vote burgundy instead of black.
- Nordstrom Diamond Tights: The diamond pattern is not as bold in person, especially once it's under a knee-length dress. Maximal in a minimal way with the fishnet. Effective and quite flattering on the leg. Great with a blue dress or skirt.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.