A jacket for Autumn adds interest, polish and structure to an outfit, but above all keeps out the chill. Here’s an assortment of toppers across a range of silhouettes that aren’t leather. They caught my eye as I was doing rounds with clients last week. Fitted blazers in regular and longer lengths, although classic, are having their fashion moment. I threw in some lightweight coats that work for those who prefer longer length toppers.
Lewit is a new brand for Nordstrom that is luxurious and beautiful to the touch. Garments generally fit well, and design details are subtle and unique. They go up to size US14, which is a slightly more inclusive size curve.
The Boden jackets are BEAUTIFULLY made, and will give any designer jacket a run for its money (and at a fraction of the price.) The quality, fabric and fit are impeccable. Bless them for going up to a size US18. Like COS though, Boden’s sizing is unusual. They run small on their smallest sizes, but large on their larger sizes. Somehow, the grading of the sizes is inconsistent, but the size charts are quite accurate.
- White House Black Market Long Ponte Blazer Jacket: I can't rave enough about this impeccable black STRETCHY blazer. It moulds to most body types and is very tailored. COMFORTABLE, extremely streamlining, and polished. Versatile and well made. Thick fabric, and subtle design detailing. Dress it up or down. The charcoal looks more casual. Great value.
- White House Black Market Button-Front Suiting Jacket: A clever single-breasted blazer with double-breasted styling. Hangs open beautifully. Elongating. Fabric is luscious. Soft AND crisp. Read the rave reviews. Has lovely trousers to match.
- Nordstrom Signature Elbow Patch Plaid Jacket: A refined plaid blazer with elbow patches. Lightweight, and drapes like a dream. A classic with a high longevity factor. Go Team English Countryside.
- Sandro Double Breasted Plaid Coat: Tomboy Fabness, and works well on petites. Genius cut that's roomy and tailored at once. Impeccable quality. Hangs straight. Best on a boyish figure with short arms.
- Diane von Furstenberg Tweed Coat: Chic sweater coat. The high side slits make it very wearable as an indoor topper if you run cold. It's elongating and comfortable. Polished in a relaxed way. Nice quality.
- Ann Taylor Ruffle Twill Moto Jacket: A good jacket for a broader shoulder line and larger bust. Ruffle detail is subtle. Streamlined. Lightweight.
- Theory Pinstripe Power Blazer: The pinstriped fabric is luscious. Very soft, refined and with stretch. The shoulders are not as sharp in person. Modern Retro Fabness.
- White House Black Market Leather Flounce Jacket: Fab jacket for a narrow shoulder line and smaller bust. Very lightweight. Great over a pencil skirt. Size down if your frame is narrow. This one IS leather.
- Emerson Rose Leopard Print Faux Fur Jacket: Modern Retro Fabness. Nice quality, well made, and roomy. Fluid, yet sufficiently tailored. Will not date. You must want to wear a large collar so consider yourself warned. Short enough to wear over dresses and with skirts. The animal print is cool-toned.
- LEWIT Fitted Wool Jacket: AMAZING quality jacket. Glorious drape. Unique silhouette and fit. Tailored. Looks as good unfastened. Works on a range of body types. The collar can work on a shorter neck because it folds down.
- LEWIT Oversize Embroidered Jacket: An earthy, arty look for those who enjoy earth tones. Crisp, oversized, but tapered at the welt for structure. Works on a range of body types because it's beyond body type. Avant-Garde. Glam.
- Boden Victoria British Tweed Blazer: Tomboy Blazer Fabness. Tailored and crisp. It's blue - not grey. Beautiful quality.
- LEWIT Sculpted Waist Blazer: The photo does not do the glorious blazer justice. It has bell sleeves and buttons that run up the top of the sleeve - which is a unique design feature. Soft and luscious fabric. Lovely quality. Refined and polished. Moulds to a range of body types, but too long for petites. More blue than grey. The pants in the matching fabric are scratchy, but the blazer is not.
- Ann Taylor Lace Trim Peplum Jacket: Fab jacket for petites who have warm Autumns and Winters.
- Rag & Bone Archer Gingham Blazer: Fab jacket for a rectangular or slightly curvy body type. Bold. Runs big.
- SMYTHE Riding Blazer: Impeccably Smythe. Equestrian, beautifully made, and will stand the test of time. Very narrow fit. Runs a size or two small.
- Boden Mirabelle Blazer: STUNNING jacket. Modern Classic Dotty Fabness. Beautifully made and gorgeously structured - but not constricting. Very, very sharp. The slanted welt pockets visually slim the midsection. The navy is as nice as the olive. Equestrian, and gives most designer jackets a run for their money. This one is mine.
- Ann Taylor Twill Moto Jacket: A good NON-leather moto with subtle hardware. Polished and crisp. Great for the office or for smart casual looks. Versatile.
- Boden Velvet Emilia Blazer: GORGEOUS relaxed blazer with a very comfy tailored fit because of stretch. The floral pattern is cheerful to wear in Autumn & Winter. Punchy, fun and extremely well made. Beautiful quality. The velvet is as trendy as it is Modern Retro, while the pattern camouflages pet hair and lint. Equally cool-toned and warm-toned. It earned a place in my wardrobe.
- Boden Keswick Velvet Coat: A '90s throwback, although this time in pink. NOT black. The pink is cooler and more muted in person. A velvet coat - or long-length jacket - that can be worn indoors at the office. Dress it up or down. All the colours are nice. Runs small, and the sleeves are narrow. Super cute polka dot lining.
- Boden Georgina Coat: A Tomboy top coat that functions like a long blazer. GORGEOUS quality and absolutely impeccable. Streamlined, but you have to be okay with the masculinity and strictness of the style. The polka dots add a playful touch. Navy is as ice as the olive.
- Banana Republic Camo Bell-Sleeve Peacoat with Removeable Faux Fur Collar: Super cute bell sleeve jacket or cropped coat. Nicely made and good over bell-sleeved tops. Interesting fabric, pattern and removable collar. It's also available in a waxed navy with caramel collar.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.