Inge joined me while I was in the Netherlands last week and one thing we did was to take a look around COS. Their merchandise looks especially good this season, and quite different to other retailers. They are known for their architectural silhouettes, oversized fits, solid colour palette, unusual neutrals, and ultra modern Scandinavian flair. An acquired taste, but always worth a look.
Inge came home with a fun cobalt and white striped jersey top, and navy dress with pleated hems. The dress is absolutely STUNNING on Inge, who promptly wore it the next day with black cut-out leggings, pearls, denim jacket, crossbody bag, and fashion sneakers. I came home with a light blue textured knit jumper that is as crisp as it is polished and pretty. There were many items we liked and fitted on. Here are the ones that caught my eye. Most of the items run quite large. Be sure to browse all the colour options.
- COS Top with front drape detail: A fab draped top for a shorter torso, but can work for a longer torso too. Works on an assortment of body types with a regular or smaller bust. Fitted in front, but swingy at the back. Unique.
- COS Asymmetric drape top: An excellent top for apple-shaped body types. Dressy in black. Casual in grey.
- COS Knitted top with soft folds: Great for Team Mustard, and works as well for a pear shape as it does for an apple shape.
- COS Glass bead necklace: A lightweight lucite pendant adds a futuristic touch to an outfit.
- COS Wire choker with pendants: A great necklace for V-necklines.
- COS Curved drape top: A good shape for a short-necked apple-shaped body type with a larger bust.
- COS Pleated cuff and hem top: Super elegant blouse to wear over trousers. Runs big. Works best on those who can fill out the shoulders and bust.
- COS Drape collar A-line top: Arty Glam Fabness. Works on a range of body types. More streamlined than you think.
- COS Striped jersey top: A simple striped tee with a very flattering neckline. Works exceptionally well on a larger bust. More fitted in person. Fab classic in a fun colour.
- COS Wide draped top: A glam Modern Retro draped top for a short apple with a large bust. Too short for tall gals.
- COS Collarless coat with belt: Fun fitted kimono jacket that's best on tall gals with a broad shoulder line.
- COS Oversized cotton parka: Oversized anorak for Team Tall. Works best on those who can fill it out.
- COS Flared sleeve dress: Super cute fluted sleeve frock that works well on straighter petites.
- COS Dress with pleated hems: An elegant dress that works extremely well on a larger bust and curvy top half. Can work on a curvier bottom half too. Slimming and streamlined. Works best on those who can fill it out. Less orange in person.
- COS Circle cut layer dress: Architectural Sack Dress Fabness. Works best on an apple, rectangle or inverted triangle body type.
- COS Textured knit jumper: A simple chunky pullover in a thick cotton knit. Heavy and luxurious. Fluid fit. The smallest size will fit a US 0.
- COS Dress with pleated hems: An elegant dress that works extremely well on a larger bust, wider biceps, and curvy top half. Can work on a curvier bottom half too. Slimming and streamlined. Works best on those who can fill it out. (The model can't fill out the silhouette, hence it doesn't look great on her). Less blue and more slate in person.
- COS Unstructured shopper bag: An arty shopper that's comfortable to wear on the shoulder. Nice if you wear a lot of black and white. Not as bulky in person. Casual.
- COS Top with gathered shoulder detail: A sculptural statement piece that makes you look wider on the shoulder. The olive is warm and you have to be okay with flattening your curves. Works well on an apple or rectangular body type with a smaller bust. Arty, unique and bold.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.