This one is for Team Color Block. There is something about a colour blocked outfit that looks modern and graphic, especially when the items are blocked in or with black and white. Some items look sporty, and others look Mod. Remember that colour blocked items needn’t be high contrast. Items blocked in tonal and low contrast colours are just as fab.
- Trouve Mixed Media Coat: Oversized yet tailored. A little mixed media and military flair goes a long way to making a dull grey coat look interesting.
- Vince Camuto Faux Leather Collar Plaid Blazer: A fluid tuxedo blazer with low stance in classic plaid. I was wowed by its fit. Clean, angular lines.
- Dolce Vita Loafer Flat: Comfortable and minimalist. Works for a wider foot.
- Karen Kane Stripe A-Line Dress: Sporty, casual, easy and sleeved. A no-brainer with tall black boots or booties. Thick, drapey, and non-clingy.
- Karen Kane Louvre Dress: This one is suited to a short neck and full bust. Shaped but not clingy. Add pumps or boots, a coat, and you’re good to go.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Bella Crewneck Cashmere & Silk Sweater: Bold and simple.
- Theory Adashi K Crop Jacket: Woven, fluid and drapes like a dream. The cropped length makes it an easy match for skirts and dresses.
- Hue Colorblock knee-high socks: Toasty blocking for knee-high boots.
- Isaac Mizrahi Lucille Satchel: Forest green bags are hard to find, so that’s my top pick in this versatile satchel.
- Sole Society Dalia Colorblock Tote: Great for traveling. There’s an interior zipped-up section that functions as a removable clutch. Handy.
- Vince Camuto Max Leather Crossbody Bag: Structured and ladylike.
- Two Tone Wool Felt Fedora: A cute hat to brave mild elements. Nice mix of dressy and casual.
- Aquatalia by Marvin K Quaint Boot: Completely weatherproof — and I mean puddle-proof. Beautifully made, comfortable and tailored on the ankle. Runs half a size small.
Colour blocking creates an interesting outfit without the patterns. I’m a big fan.