Semi and faux tucking tops into jeans and trousers has revitalized belt sales. As a result, many of my “belt-phobic” clients are now wearing belts with the best of them. Skinny belts have virtually flooded the market, while wider belts are less popular at the moment. Personally, I prefer wider belts and wish there was a larger assortment in dressy styles. Perhaps next season.
Below is a selection of both wide and skinny belts in neutrals and colours. Be sure to check all the colour options:
- Fossil Rivet Centerbar Belt: A skinny belt with polished bohemian hardware. It’s almost graphic.
- Kate Spade Reversible Printed Trouser Belt: I love patterned belts and this fresh floral screams happy warm weather. It’s fully reversible and made of leather. I’m pondering the pink.
- Michael Kors 50MM Saffiano Belt: Rein in the volume of a blouse, thin sweater or dress with this retro ’80s style.
- Michael Kors Logo To Pebble Belt Bag: I keep on wanting to get a belt bag, and this one looks like a little foldover clutch on a belt. So cute! It won’t be super comfortable or conventionally flattering, but it’s creative, fun, hands-free and quite the statement. I need to give this look a bash.
- Fossil Shotbead Skinny Belt: A dainty sci-fi number with delicate edge beading.
- Calvin Klein Buckle With Logo Embossed Belt: I frequently wear a white belt similar to this style because it makes my outfit feel crisp and modern.
- Nike Perforated Golf Belt: The perforation is a nice nod to the sporty trend.
- Bedstu Costello: And a studded black belt is a great basic for Team Stud.
I prefer low rise jeans and trousers and therefore wear these belts on my hip bones. This often means sizing up a size on belts that are meant to be worn on the natural waist.