Injecting the right amount of “right now” is important because being stylish is somehow a mixture of looking both timeless and “of-the-moment”.
Here is my list of Spring and Summer “must haves”:
- Day dress – it’s a “dress season” ladies. Get out of those jeans and wear casual dresses during the day for a more of-the-moment look. Dresses don’t need to be “dressy” items saved for weddings and formal occasions. Sport the right type of dress during the day and feel fabulously feminine.
- Cropped jacket – keep them unlined, lightweight, fitted and shorter in length and you’ll add that sophisticated element to an ensemble.
- Polka dots – there is a size and mood of polka dot for everyone. Think dresses, skirts, blousy tops and shoes when it comes to spots.
- Walk shorts – sport knee-length cropped pants as a more flattering option to leg-shortening capris.
- Patent shoes – you won’t go wrong buying patent. It’s going to be around for at least another season.
- Something bright – whether it’s yellow, cobalt, green, coral, orange, purple or pink, make sure you have an item of clothing in a cheerful hue to brighten up your day. If you’re more of a neutral type of gal, accessorize with a bright instead.
- Anything red – the colour is in a class of it’s own. Red is forever beautiful and worth the investment.
- Silver shoes – it’s the metal of the moment because it’s versatile, futuristic and a good summer neutral.
- Wedges – it’s possible to feel fashionable and grounded in this season’s wedge sandals.
For the more adventurous fashionista, there’s Lucite, a day clutch, voluminous blouses, trapeze jackets, wide–legged pants, waist belts, head bands, platform shoes and lots of hippie chic. Remember to purchase white items when you shop because summer is all about white (not black). And don’t be afraid to try something new. You might be pleasantly surprised once you’ve adapted a current trend to suit your age, body type, lifestyle and budget.
It’s not too late to shop for Spring, and you’ll hit bargains along the way. Two months left to purchase warm weather clothing. Ready, set, shop, shop, shop!