Many of my clients are adding dressier items to their wardrobes as they refresh their styles. Generally, people seem to have an abundance of casual wear, workout wear, loungewear, and wardrobe basics at this point, and are in the mood for a change. As they resume their travel plans, attend events, and work back in the office, wardrobe purchases are following a new set of priorities.
This resonates with me as I refresh with dressier items and replace some formal wear. On that note, this week’s list of top picks are a little dressier, although I’ve thrown in some casual items too. Be sure to browse the colour and size options.
- Rebecca Taylor Lace Shirtdress: This interesting navy lace beauty made it into my wardrobe as a more relaxed formal piece. It looks fitted, but it's fluid and A-line in person. VERY comfortable. It's also longer on me, which is my preference. The straps of the slip dress can be adjusted, which means you can wear it with a regular black bra. It has the daintiest and most refined lace collar, and pretty rouleau loop buttons on the sleeves. I shorten the straps of the slip dress so that there is a broader sheer lace edge at the bottom. I wear it with low-heeled gold loafers and big gold vintage Yorkie brooch. I LOVE it, and know it will come in handy when I need a dressy dress that isn't that formal.
- Tommy Bahama Ella Twill High Waist Denim Miniskirt: A fab casual and polished denim skirt that looks particularly good on petites. Works well on a curvier body type.
- Fuzzi Tulle Mesh Flower Print Boat Neck Sleeveless Drape Front Flounce Hem Dress: A beautifully fitted frock with a fab bit of flounce. Gorgeous in motion. Comfy stretchy mesh. Moulds to the contour of the body working as well on a curvier and straighter body type. Forgiving front waterfall drape detailing. Size up.
- P.A.R.O.S.H. Nullex Pleated Tulle Skirt - Farfetch: A fun navy tulle skirt that does not pouf out too much. Great length that is easily hackable. Great drape, and delicious swoosh factor. It's on its way to me. It might be THE one.
- Boden Oversized Linen Sweater: An easy and elegant linen sweater that is fluid, versatile and comfy. The sleeves are a unique elbow length and flare in a very subtle way. Comes in red, navy, and a green stripe.
- Boden Cuffed Tapered Pants: These drapey paisley beach pants have a fab tropical vibe. Relaxed in an elegant way. Very comfy. They are 100% viscose which usually gives me pause, but their crinkled texture makes them more robust and crease-resistant. Comes in red and air-dry. Better after a press too.
- Knot Front Pleated Skirt Dress: I was blown away by how STUNNING my client looked in this dress. Goddess Fabness. Plenty of length for Team Tall, works on a larger bust, and comes in four solids. Comfy and pretty. Might need to size up.
- Ron White Kadesha Leather Loafer: Fably refined with lots of pizzazz. Best on a wider foot. Comfy and chic.
- JAGGAR Leaf Print Midi A-Line Skirt: Botanical Midaxi Skirt Fabness. Easily hemmed, very soft, lovely drape, and lightweight.
- Anne Klein Floral-Print V-Neck Midi Dress: A fantastic dress for Team Curvy who enjoys blue and V-necks. POCKETS.
- Vince Ribbed Midi Skirt: A ribbed tube skirt that is gently A-line and substantial in a warm shade of olive. Comes in black and cream.
- Ted Baker London Lizzbel Quilted Joggers: If you like to wear joggers, keep these quilted ones on your radar. They look polished, interesting, have a cute sweatshirt to match, and can be remixed with dressier jackets.
- Sam Edelman Lue Lug Sole Combat Boot: Lilac Weatherproof Stompy Boot Fabness. Comfy, and comes in grey with a grey lug sole.
- Donna Karan New York Handkerchief Skirt: Shark Bite Black Midi Skirt Fabness. Dress it up or down. Might run big.
- M&S Collection Pure Cotton Midi Shirt Dress: A tiered frock with a shirt dress integrity makes for an interesting hybrid for Team Shocking Pink. This is 100% cotton, machine washable, and relatively inexpensive. I'm stalking my size.
- Banana Republic Essential Trench Coat: Cobalt Trench Coat Fabness. The lining is 100% cotton too.
- Ted Baker London Satrice Zebra Stripe Cotton Blend Top: An on-trend tee with poufy sleeves in a greyed shade of lilac. The sleeves stay put when scrunched. Substantial fabric.
- Reiss Tia Pintuck Pleat Pants: Trousers that are gorgeously drapey and luxe with on-trend front vents. The rise is quite long, but that is offset by the fluid trouser silhouette. The back elastic adds comfort and creates a good fit. Particularly good on curvier figures.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Slim Fit Cable Cropped Polo Shirt: If you like to wear very fitted polo shirts, this sleeveless one with cable detailing and side vents might be of interest. 100% cotton. It's cheeky, short, and runs small. Lovely quality. Fab on petites. Comes in navy. The citron is not as bright. More of a butter yellow.
- French Connection Lilly Mozart Cotton Sweater: A fab cotton sweater that is pretty lightweight, neat and tidy, launders easily, and a little shorter than regular length. Comes in bubblegum pink.
- Hobbs Myla Floral Dress: A pretty sleeveless midi for Team Navy and Lilac. Beautifully made and tailored. Timeless and versatile to pull out when you need a dressy frock. Make sure you like to wear high necklines if you try the dress.
- AllSaints Rita Devore Semisheer Blouse: An oversized sheer blouse that looks smashing with a black tank, bra, crop top, or bra top underneath. Very boxy, and looks good semi-tucked.
- AVEC LES FILLES Shrunken Nylon Bomber Jacket: If you're looking for a short and very pristine black bomber jacket, try this one. Gorgeous fabric and fab tapering fit at the hem.
- DKNY Women's Brook Messenger Crossbody: Sporty, practical, well-made, polished, and for Team Silver Hardware. Comes in solid black.
- AllSaints Brooke Puffer Bomber Jacket: A slouchy bomber for Team Lilac. It has a high-low hem and fun side vents if you click the links. Lovely quality.
You can see the pictures alongside the items on the collection page.