Here’s a shortlist of potential winners. Some of the items have worked on my clients, and some I’ve seen in person. A shout-out to the Sanctuary brand, which has become more size inclusive. My hope is that more brands will follow suit. Browse the colour options, and read the reviews to get another perspective.
- Birkenstock Birkenstock: These are sold as a vegan option if you click the link. NOT leather. They are the only Birkenstocks that have ever fit my low-volume feet after a little strap adjustment. I didn't keep them because the shape of the footbed is wrong for the shape of my feet. They looked super cute and would have made a nice house shoe for warm weather. Nice quality.
- UGG Aika Water Resistant Platform Sneaker Boot: Easy to pull on and off weather-resistant booties that come in neutrals. Warm, cosy, and soft. Quite supportive. Fits an orthotic.
- SCOTCH & SODA Soft rib knit stretch beanie: A great beanie for a SMALL head because it's a child's size. Comes in navy. This earned a place in my wardrobe.
- Sanctuary Spot On Pullover: Comfy, versatile, lightweight, and streamlined pullover that comes in three classic patterns. Great under jackets and coats, or worn on its own. Wool-free if that's of interest.
- Boden Two Pack Multi 40D Tights: Navy opaque tights are harder to find, and these come in a set with black.
- Ecco Tred Tray Waterproof Chelsea Boot: Very lightweight despite their chunky appearance. I found them short because of my long toes and narrow feet, but otherwise VERY comfy, and can fit a wider foot with shorter toes. Not good for high insteps because of the pull-on style and narrow opening. Neat fit around the ankle. Comes in black and white, and the white is almost sold out.
- J.Crew Tapered pleated pant in purple herringbone wool: A woolly pair of purple balloon pants is rare and these are fun and unique in an updated '80s way. They work well on a curvier body with a defined waist.
- SCOTCH & SODA Pure silk long sleeve shirt: GORGEOUS for Team Citron in that typical luxe silk blouse way. It's roomy and works on a range of body types. If you want structure, you'll need to tuck it in or wear a topper. It was almost mine.
- Boden Annie Jacquard Dress: An easy and comfy knit dress to wear with tall boots. Great on petites who enjoy crew necklines.
- Sanctuary Lenox Open Front Cardigan: An unusual leopard patterned cardigan in olive and brown that has the pullover to match if you want to create a twinset. Wool-free.
- Merrell Merrell: If you're looking for a pair of waterproof shoes to wear on Winter beach walks that work on a wider foot and keep out the sand - try these. You can adjust the laces to accommodate a higher instep. Very comfortable and effective. Look cute too. Comes in two more neutrals.
- Charter Club Linen-Blend Printed Tab-Sleeve Shirt, Created for Macy's: One of my client's with a strong shoulder line and broad back wowed me in this floral blouse. It's casually pulled together and festive in a tropical way, and costs $11 at the moment. Fab for hot climates.
- Charter Club Plus Size Pleated Chiffon Blouse, Created for Macy's: Pretty Flowing Geometric Fabness. Covered, alluring, and great for warm Falls. Can work on a larger bust. Great neckline.
- Free People Snake Trucker Jacket: A fun denim jacket for Team Earth Tones. Works on a broader shoulder line and has a fluid cut. Good on apple-shaped body types too.
- Ross & Snow Emilina Genuine Shearling Lined Weatherproof Bootie: A navy metallic weatherproof boot is hard to find - and here it is. Comfy, well made, warm, and looks better in person. Polished and pulled together. No easy zipper access though. It's a pull-on style. Comes in three more neutrals. Some say it runs small and others TTS.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.