Some retailers are slowly but surely refreshing and replenishing their merchandise for high Summer. This gives me a little hope amidst the extremely tough situation faced by retailers and their employees.
Some of these items have been winners on my clients and our forum members, while others simply caught my eye. I have seen some of the items in person. Read the reviews, and browse the colour options. Some of the items are on sale.
- Ted Baker London Kethrin Crochet Hobo Bag: A non-scratchy casual straw bag with a dressier touch. It comes with a longer and shorter shoulder strap and a separate inside pouch. The white accents create a crisp Summery look.
- SoftWalk Benissa Sandal: Comfortable, supportive, modern, and Euro Chic. Comes in four neutrals and three widths!
- KUT from the Kloth Kara Fray Hem Denim Trucker Jacket: A mustard denim jacket is a rare find. This one is soft, stretchy, and NOT stiff and uncomfortable. Fab with earthy or navy dresses.
- Gap Sundown Sweatshirt Tie Dye: A beachy sweatshirt that comes in mustard. Very SoCal with shorts and Birkies.
- M&S Collection Cotton Printed Slash Neck Fitted Top: I have this top in two other patterns and I love them. They are tight and clingy so consider yourself warned - but very comfortable. Sharp in a casual way. I have washed them over and over again, and the quality is fabulous. Fab worn tucked or untucked.
- Madewell Tie Front Shirt: A repeat style front-tie shirt that's fab with skirts and high-waisted wide crops and jeans. Fluidly tailored fit.
- Ingrid & Isabel Ingrid & Isabel Handkerchief Hem Maternity Tank: A sleeveless handkerchief hem maternity top works well with comfy bottoms or shorts. This one has neatly covered armholes and comes in black.
- Nic + Zoe Cocktail Hour Tie Front Blouse: A great way to get a bit of adjustable structure on a sleeveless shirt WITHOUT tucking or semi-tucking it. Polished, and nice quality.
- Topshop Metallic Pleated Midi Skirt: Pleated Metallic Skirt Fabness. Yes, you can dress it up, but by all means dress it down with a sweatshirt or tee, sneakers or sandals, and a denim jacket.
- Sub_Urban Riot Pride List Graphic Tee: Graphic Tee Fabness that speaks for itself.
- Madewell Knit Cami Dress: An easy viscose-rich midi with a '90s Armani neckline. Forgiving on the midsection. I like this neckline on both broader and narrower shoulders. Alluring yet covered.
- KUT from the Kloth Estelle Wide Leg Culottes: Summery cotton wide crops to wear with an UNTUCKED white tee, tank or casual boho blouse. Works on an assortment of body types because of the forgiving elastic waist. Wear with casual footwear.
- Miz Mooz Fallon Sandal: Extremely comfy and somewhat dystopian sandal booties that work on regular and slightly wider feet. Comes in METALLIC navy and cognac. Unique.
- Lyssé Rose Handkerchief Hem Midi Skirt: A versatile black knit skirt that can be dressed up or down. It works on most body types because it moulds to the body in a fluid and forgiving way, Stretchy, comfortable, soft, and easy to launder.
- Donna Ricco Sleeveless Fit & Flare Midi Dress: I haven't seen this in person yet, but the brand tends to make nice dresses. It's polyester-rich because of the permanent pleating on the skirt, which might put you off. But the striking geometric pattern and elegant silhouette drew me in.
- Nic + Zoe Destination Crinkle Cowl Neck Top: A bias cut cowl for Team Earth Tones drapes like a dream. Layers well under toppers and looks good on its own. Forgiving fit.
- FRAME Le Midi Skirt Patch Work: '90s Denim Skirt Fabness. Nice quality, but NO stretch. It's authentically rigid.
- Maison Irem Black Tiger Tooth Tibi Necklace: A lariat style necklace that looks great with a V-neck, and with black Summer items.
- Birkenstock X Proenza Schouler Arizona PS EXQ NL Sandals-Narrow: Designer Birkies for Team Black Slides but come in white and silver.
- DKNY Tie Waist S/L Shirtdress: If you like to wear classic sleeveless shirt dresses with waist definition, try this one if its your colour. It has pockets! DKNY generally makes good quality and lovely fitting dresses. The tie-waist here is less fussy than a self-tie belt.
- Calvin Klein Short-Sleeve Cotton Maxi Dress: A fab Summer dress for Team Tall who wears black. Great on an hourglass body type with a larger bust.
- Hue Ultrasoft High Waist Capri Denim Leggings: Stretchy and soft clamdiggers to wear instead of shorts with flowing and voluminous tops. Cute under tunics too. Comes in white and denim.
- PAIGE Mayslie Jogger Pants: Sleek olive jogger chinos for a straighter figure.
- Connected Floral Midi Dress: This dress moulds to the body and works on a range of body types. Pretty neckline. It glides more than it clings to curves. It's A-line, comfy and for Team Earth Tones.
- Tory Burch Stripe Wrap Dress: Sleeveless Wrap Dress Fabness. My guess is that it will work well on a curvier or straighter body type with a longer waist and regular size bust. The diagonal lines are magical.
- Calvin Klein Plus Size Gingham Maxi Dress: A classic fit-and-flare shirt dress is timeless and dressy. This one comes in several patterns and sizes and is well worth a look because CK makes great and affordable dresses - with pockets!
- Naot Verbena Sandal: Extremely comfortable and supportive sandals that look fab with cropped pants, jeans, and casual skirts/dresses. They can work for a slightly wider foot too. Come in four great neutrals.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.