Spring and Summer collections are in full swing, and I’m happy to see longer length dresses, skirts with movement, and tops that don’t drown the wearer. Here are this week’s picks across an assortment of items, lifestyles and price points.
- 1901 Pleated Polo Midi Skirt: The most streamlined pleated skirt I've seen so far. It wowed me when a client combined it with an assortment of navy and white striped tops and white sneaks. SUPER cute and comfy.
- 1901 Longline Cardigan: This long line cardigan has a uniquely voluminous back, and sharp white piping. Lovely fabric. Read the rave reviews.
- ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo Pull-On Silk Skirt: This skirt looks better in person, and works best on a curvier figure. It can be dressed up tor down, and looks luxe no matter what. Gorgeous fabric and length. Elegant in motion.
- Rag & Bone Felix Stripe Silk Wrap Top: A fab blouse for a curvier figure with a larger bust, shorter waist, and shorter neck. Wear it over slim or flared bottoms. Runs big and is very lightweight. Comes in solids.
- Rag & Bone 'Boyfriend' Leather Belt: Teal Belt Fabness.
- 1901 Tie Front Poplin Shirt: A shirt that works well over flared or straight skirts, or bottoms with higher rises. Fluid yet structured, and forgiving on midsection bits. Suits a range of body types.
- Zella Ella Satin Bomber Jacket: Sporty Bomber Fabness. Fun back ruched sleeve detailing, and comes in bone.
- Boden Silk Shirt: I've been off silk blouses until I tried this one because it's a cut above the rest. Gorgeously luxe fabric and fit. The armholes aren't too low, and the shape is fluid but flowing in a way that I don't look like I'm wearing a tent. The curved hemline helps too. I'm wearing this blouse OUT and untucked over tomato red jeans which is atypical. The vertical integrity of the colour blocking is striking, and makes all the difference. Comes in a few patterns, and the length is quite long.
- Gentle Souls By Kenneth Cole Lavern: Extremely comfortable and on-trend slides for regular volume feet.
- PIKOLINOS Mykonos W1G-0757CL: The Sporty Sandal trend is alive and well in this less athletic version. Chunky in a refined way on the foot. Very comfortable and works best on regular volume feet.
- Dansko Susie Platform Sandal: A fab slip-on sandal for wider and higher volume feet. Lots of arch support. Comes in black and tan.
- Dansko Adrianne Sneaker: Lilac sneakers fabness for those who like cushioning insoles with lots of arch support.
- Dansko Lou Ankle Strap Sandal: Teal Ankle Strap Fabness. Comfy and lots of arch support. Works best on regular and higher volume feet.
- Reiss Joanne Check Stretch Cotton Blend Pants: Fun pants to dress up or down for work or play. Gorgeous quality and fabric in an unusual earthy Spring/Summer check. Lightweight. Nice mid-rise. Crease-resistant, and fab with cream, black, navy and mustard. Luxe fabric.
- Vince Satin Silk Tee: This blouse looks better in person and on a figure that can fill it out. Good on a shorter waist, and works well on a fuller bust. The front slit detailing creates an architectural integrity that does not come through in the photo. Comes in four colours. Lovely fabric. Excellent dressed up with ankle pants and accessories. Drapes like a dream. Luxe fabric.
- Vince Tossed Poppy Pleated Blouse: This blouse looks better in person and on a figure that can fill it out. Good on a shorter waist, and works well on a fuller bust. Crease-resistant and architectural. Comes in cream.
- Boss Ivala Stretch Silk Blouse: This looks less tent-y and better in person IF you can fill it out with broader shoulders and a larger bust. Good on a shorter neck too. Comes in ivory. Sleeves can easily be shortened.
- Reiss Colleen Polo Pocket Sweater: Gorgeous crisp and pretty piece that is badly styled here. It's quite long and has a substantial welt, so it looks GREAT worn over slimmer pants and jeans. It's not supposed to be tucked! More cream in person, and might run a size small.
Go to the collection page if you would like to see the images alongside my descriptions.