Dressy shoes, designer shoes, and handbags were generally disappointing at this year’s NAS. When dressy shoes were ultra gorgeous, the heels were sky high. (I’m looking at you Aquatalia and Topshop). I’m also personally bored with seeing a sea of black footwear in the designer shoes department. That said, the more affordably priced casual footwear was great. Lots of fun, comfy and sporty bootie styles that can effectively refresh your style. Many offered across a range of colours.
- Topshop 'Mega Buckle' Bootie (Women): Best high-shaft high-heeled booties at the sale. Sleek, refined and trendy. Works best for regular and lower volume feet. If you can manage the heel height, it's actually a comfortable bootie.
- Aquatalia 'Verona' Weatherproof Bootie (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): Best skyscraping heel at the sale. Impeccable quality, beautiful design, delicious colour and glorious fit. Chic Deluxe.
- Munro 'Luisa' Open Toe Bootie (Women): Best sandal booties at the sale. It wins the comfort award of the year. HEAVENLY on the feet, and available in multiple widths and three colours. Very neat ankle fit. Looks SO much better on the foot than in the photo.
- Munro 'Veranda' Water Resistant Lace-Up Loafer (Women): Looks a whole lot better on the foot, and is comfy deluxe. Choose your foot width. The oxfords look the most fashionable in black, grey and red. They look very masculine in the other colours. The patent trim adds a lot of spunk to the shoe.
- AGL 'Blakely' Studded Cap Toe Ballet Flat (Women): Very comfortable and unique in the navy blue. The flats stay on your feet because of the elastic on the vamp of the shoe. Ladylike.
- Treasure&Bond 'Marko' Sneaker (Women): Futuristic Cushioning Comfort. These sneakers wowed me in an unexpected way. They look so much better on the foot. Crisp, with a fun burgundy suede trim. Works on high and low volume feet.
- Gentle Souls 'Claire' Sneaker (Women): Urban Sneaker Fabness. Works for high volume feet and has amazing cushioning comfort. Can accommodate an orthotic for extra arch support. Not good on narrow ankles. All the colours are fab.
- Ecco 'Alicante' Bootie (Women): Dainty, polished and comfortable. The grey and burgundy get my top vote. The black can look quite severe. Works best on lower volume feet.
- PIKOLINOS 'Andorra' Water Resistant Boot (Women): One of the best pairs of casual booties at the sale. Love the high shaft and trendy tassel. Good on regular and high volume feet. Very comfy, weatherproof, and excellent with cropped or cuffed pants. All the colours are fab.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 'Chuck II' Mesh High Top Sneaker (Women) (Regular Retail Price: $89.95): Best high top sneakers at the sale. Canvas Converse can be hard and uncomfortable, but these are a new fit and fabric. Very spongy, cushioning and soft. The fabric moulds to the foot. Works on higher and lower volume feet. Also available in grey.
- AGL 'Parker' Oxford (Women): Best oxfords at the sale. Beautifully made, chic, comfortable and refined in an ever so slightly chunky way. Works for both higher and lower volume feet. Available in three colours.
- Lucky Brand 'Bashina' Perforated Bootie (Women): A great bootie for mild Fall and Winter weather. Hello Texas and Florida. You can wear these in a Seattle Summer too. Very comfy and works quite well on narrow ankles in the smaller sizes. The larger the size the larger the ankle opening, so you've been warned.
- Stuart Weitzman 'Classic' Pointy Toe Block Heel Pump (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): A spectacular looking pump in the blue and tan. The black however, looks a bit "witchy". The leather isn't soft enough for my own feet, but several of my clients did not mind the hardness of the leather. Moderately comfortable. Adding a cushioning insole is another way to go. Best on lower volume feet.
- Louise Et Cie 'Adelise' Oxford (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): Trendy and versatile, and best in the metallic. They are NOT soft and cushioning, so only moderately comfortable. They could soften up after wear though, and many of my clients found them adequately comfy right out of the box. Great pointy toe for outfit elongation and quite refined on the foot.
- Aquatalia 'Taylor' Weatherproof Bootie (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): The best booties at the sale. Tailored, beautifully made, waterproof, interesting, fun texture, and above all very comfortable. Great narrow ankle fit. Might need to size up half a size. Not good for high volume feet.
- Adidas 'Stan Smith' Sneaker (Women): A very trendy pair of white sneakers that runs wide and large. Size down at least a size, if not a size and a half. Comfortable.
- AGL 'Kristin' Block Heel Pump (Women): Very comfortable block-heeled ballerinas that you might think of as "mature and dowdy" but are actually quite trendy. They look best in the blue and grey.
- Paul Green 'Julia' d'Orsay Pump (Women): Comfortable d'Orsay kitten heels that run half a size big. Dainty on the foot and wonderful in the metallic. Works on higher and lower volume feet.
- Josef Seibel 'Caspian' Sneaker: A tried and tested winner for many years. Best in the metallic or red. Read the rave reviews.
- Cole Haan 'Dellora' Skimmer Flat (Women): An elegant and dressy flat that is moderately comfortable. The leather is a little hard, but not too bad. The foot bed is cushioning. Also available in black, snakeskin and pewter.
- Paul Green 'Jojo' Loafer (Women): Trendy, lightweight, and the best chunky loafer at the NAS. The soles don't bend as you stride, but the shoe is still quite comfortable.
- Charles By Charles David 'Sabrina' Pointy Toe Pump (Women): An extremely pretty and dainty pump that looks good in ALL the colours. Moderately comfortable and works best on low volume feet.
- Hinge 'Villa' Perforated Bootie (Women): Buttery Soft Bootie Fabness. Very comfortable, so you can wear them without socks. Great for very mild weather. In fact, you can wear them on a cool Summer day too.
- Eileen Fisher 'Ink' Open Toe Block Heel Bootie (Women): I found the sandal bootie heavy, but that didn't bother my clients. You also have to be at peace with lots of toe exposure. Buttery soft leather and very neat ankle fit. A blue shade of grey.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto 'Jolette' Penny Loafer (Women): A quick little slip-on-and-go for low volume feet. Quite comfy despite the patent leather. Refined and classic on the foot. Best in the two-toned leather.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
- Kendra Scott 'Jake' Lariat Pendant Necklace: Trendy tassels add subtle shine to your outfit. Also available in gold and silver. Can work over a larger bust.
- Nixon 'Ragnar' Square Leather Strap Watch, 36mm: Square watches look fresh. This one is very BIG, but fun nonetheless. Quite the statement.
- Rebecca Minkoff 'Large Regan' Satchel: A streamlined and nice size tote. Wearing light blue with black and grey in the Fall and Winter is unexpected. Great texture.
- Kate Spade New York 'spencer court - tera' leather satchel (Nordstrom Exclusive): Crisp, structured and pretty. More pink than off-white. Wear pastels in the Fall and Winter because why not!
- Halogen Ottoman Rib Cashmere Wrap: Best scarf at the sale. Chunky yet refined. Super soft and delightfully drapey. Works tied as a scarf with a coat, or as a wrap. Versatile, warm and elegant.
- Chelsea28 Faux Leather Chain Clutch: A small and flat versatile clutch. The silver is a lot more textured in person. Nice hardware. Dress it up or down.
- Treasure&Bond Washed Leather Belt: Boho Belt Fabness. Great textured leather.
- Hinge 'Floral Shadow Block' Wrap Scarf: A denim-friendly and moody scarf that looks fab for Fall.
- Rebecca Minkoff 'Bryn' Double Zip Hobo: A structured and roomy hobo for smart casual or business casual. It's bigger than you might expect.
- Tory Burch Leather Hobo (Nordstrom Exclusive): Caramel Hobo Fabness. Relaxed dressy and great with jeans and gold jewellery. Easy access with the magnetic closure.
- Longchamp 'Le Pliage' Expandable Tote (Nordstrom Exclusive): A tried and tested classic that is particularly fun in the pearlized white. Very comfortable to carry on the shoulder. Read the rave reviews.
- MZ Wallace 'Bailey' Bedford Nylon Tote: A robust crossbody with lots of pockets. Relaxed and casual, yet structured. A nice size to carry across the chest and in a fabulously rich shade of dark red. The nylon has a Modern Retro '90s vibe.
- La Fiorentina Faux Suede Fringe Cape: Refined Boho Fabness. The suede fringe trim on this wrap makes quite the statement. Not scratchy. Comes in grey with black trim too.
See the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.
Feel free to ask further questions in the comments section about these or other NAS items, and I’ll do my best to help you out. And please share your own winning purchases in the comments section too.
NAS Top Picks by Category
This is part of a five post series.
- Coats, Jackets and Vests
- Footwear and Accessories (this post)
- Tops and Knitwear
- Dresses and Dress Toppers
- Skirts, Pants and Jeans