Pre-Fall items have started to hit stores and they’re looking fresh and neutral. They’re pieces you can wear now, or as you head into Autumn, depending on the weather. Summer air conditioning can be freezing, which means warmer items can be quite practical even when it’s scorching outside.
I’m full steam ahead planing my Autumn and Winter look and some of these pieces have found a very happy home in my own wardrobe. Both pairs of pants and jeans for example, are a year round item in a Seattle climate with the appropriate seasonal footwear and support act. Oh, how I LOVE the start of each new fashion season.
- Rag & Bone 'Grace' Wide Leg Crop Pants: Beautifully made, versatile and trendy. Crisp and dressy, and a breath of fresh air amidst the overabundance of distressed denim. Runs big and long. Size down one to two sizes. Rises are high. Quite well suited to a curvier body type. Raw hems can easily be shortened.
- Double-Breasted Cotton-Blend Jacket & Cropped Flare Trousers, Midnight: Luxurious and substantial fabrication. Very comfortable and an easy length to shorten for petites. Beautiful workmanship and nice gold hardware. The fit will NOT work on curvy figures or defined waistlines without waist alteration. The waist is wide and the cut very straight, so the fit is much suited to apple and inverted triangle body types. That said, I bought these pants and am having the waist dramatically altered because the fit on the legs and hips is fabulous. They're supposed to be ink blue, but look black to my eye.
- Club Monaco Nasya Sweater: Substantial cropped pullover in a yummy French blue. Very crisp to the touch. Excellent on narrow shoulders. Nice high neckline. Runs small.
- Club Monaco Orabella Twist-Back Top: The back and front neckline are SUBLIME. Pleated, knotted and square with fun retro poufy sleeves. Best with short hair to showcase the detailing. Fluid and beautifully cut. Dreamy drape. WOW top that's soft and pretty.
- Club Monaco Vandary Ruffle-Back Sweater: Best asymmetrical ruffled pullover of the year. You'll have to fit it on to feel the magic. The back and side ruffles are state of the art. Dreamy drape. A WOW top that's soft and pretty.
- L'AGENCE 'Thimio' Paisley Print Silk Blouse: Extra luxurious fabric that drapes with the best of them. Feels rich and luscious against the skin. Fabulous paisley. Diagonal sleeves work well on most arm shapes and body types. Armholes are wide and low so wearing a camisole or pretty bra is best. Pleated torso volume exudes '70s Fabness. Delicate and pretty in motion.
- STEFFEN SCHRAUT Denim Blouse with Bow: Denim Pussy Bow Fabness. Go Team '70s.
- Halogen Asymmetrical Sheer Hem Tank (Regular & Petite): An asymmetrical tunic to wear on its own or under a topper to create drama and texture. Size down.
- Jeffrey Campbell 'Enid' Button Pump (Women): Retro Loafer Pump Fabness. They run short in the toe so size up half a size. Moderately comfortable with a very stable heel. Add a cushioning insole for extra comfort. Fits a low volume foot surprisingly well. They squeak a little as you stride, so consider yourself warned.
- Banana Republic Merino Wool Wrap Cardigan: A classic wrap that looks fab on a curvy body type and shorter neck. Looks great on a straighter body type too. Nice in the rust.
- Banana Republic Floral Print Blouse: Paisley florals for Summer look yummy paired with white. A roomy fit that looks best scrunched and semi-tucked.
- POVERTY FLATS By Rian Zipper Flap Clutch: The best silver clutch of the year. Modern, clean, roomy and affordable. It's larger than you might expect. It has a comfortable wristband for easy clutching. Nice quality.
- POVERTY FLATS By Rian Zipper Flap Clutch: A soft teal or dark sea foam clutch is quite the find. Modern, clean, roomy and affordable. It's larger than you might expect. It has a comfortable wristband for easy clutching. Nice quality.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Asymmetrical Jacquard Knit Dress: A frock with magical diagonal lines that create OR flatten curves as desired. Wear it as a dress or tunic over flared crops. Wonderful in motion. Machine washable.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.