Fall collections are slowly but surely filtering into stores, and there is quite a bit of dark red on the shop floors. I was not expecting it, so the resurgence of deep rich red caught me by surprise. It’s looking quite fresh after all the hectic Summer brights.
- Dr. Scholl's 'Charter' Loafer (Women): A solid modern classic that's become on trend. A little shiny and well made.
- French Connection 'Elite' Hobo: I'm re-recommending this style because it looks and feels like a designer bag at a fraction of the price. A soft and comfortable shoulder bag that holds quite a bit, but lies flat against the body. Semi-structured.
- MATISSE 'Nugent' Wedge Bootie (Women): I bought the cheetah pattern three years ago and count them amongst my most comfortable booties. And they are still going strong. I have walked hundreds of NYC blocks in them and they truly go the distance. Beautifully soft, pointy and tailored. Fab with skirts and dresses too.
- Free People 'Geometric Precision' Plaid Pencil Skirt: A bias cut tartan midi skirt with a high-low hemline and fun back panel detail. It's unlined but the fabric is not scratchy. It might run a size small. I sized up in this style to create a less body con fit. Fab length for tall gals.
- Banana Republic Harper Double-Zip Camera Crossbody: A well-made little compact crossbody, clutch or wristlet.
- Banana Republic Draped Cuff-Sleeve Top: Beautifully drapey and non-sheer, so no need to wear a camisole. The diagonal sleeves and lower boat neck are great on a larger bust and shorter neck. A little more cherry in person, and fab partially tucked.
- Banana Republic Ribbed Zip-Back Pullover: A great pullover to wear over skirts, both pencil or flared, because of its on trend cropped length.
- Free People Pointelle Ballet Neck Pullover: Fun and alluring over a contrasting tank. Might run a size large.
I’m a tomato red gal, so these darker reds are not me. But they do go down well with many of my clients, so I’m excited for them. If this shade of red suits your complexion and makes you happy, be sure to stock up.
What’s your favourite shade of red?