Pullovers are currently the top to wear with any bottom, so I’ll be compiling sweater roundups throughout the year across all sorts of fabrics, styles and silhouettes. This roundup includes V-necks, which are finally coming through again. Although I don’t wear them, they’re ideal for my clients with shorter necks and/or large bustlines, and ultra petite ladies in general.
- Rachel Roy Studded Mesh Knit Top: Sporty-luxe with a dash of glitz. Slightly fluid on the waist although pretty tailored all-round.
- Vince Camuto Mesh Stitch V-Neck Sweater: A machine washable cotton-rich pullover for hot weather.
- Kenneth Cole Henrietta Sweater (Petite): Create an on trend outfit by pairing this style of pullover with a pencil skirt. Just enough structure for petites. Trust me. The look will not be overwhelming because the slightly shaped fit, shorter length and welted high-low band adds structure. Embrace a modern look for the office with this pullover.
- Vince V-Neck Rack Stitch Sweater: Simple and alluring. Read the rave reviews.
- Lucky Brand Millbrae Bell Sleeve Sweater (Plus): More sporty-luxe and fab for hot weather.
- Vince Camuto Open Stitch Cotton Blend Sweater (Plus): Elegant and easy over bootcut jeans and trousers.
- Sejour Split Hem Marled Sweater (Plus): Another on trend look with a pencil skirt for the office because it de-bombshells the effect. Surrendered at the waist, but ample structure on the hip with welt, high-low hemline and slits. Just as great with jeans and trousers.
- Club Monaco Bria Cashmere Poncho: Sporty-luxe with ample refinement. Pair with slim-fit bottoms or bootcuts and tailored footwear.
- Banana Republic Draped V-Neck Pullover: An effective colour vehicle and wardrobe essential. Read the rave reviews.
- All Saints Sago Dress: Wear this avant-garde beauty as a tunic over slim-fit pants.
- Boden Cashmere Crew Neck Sweater: I recently bought this in heathered oatmeal, and I’m considering more colours because I love the fit and quality. Boden used to run large, but at the moment their knitwear runs a little small. The size 2, which is the smallest size, is slightly smaller than J.Crew’s Cashmere Tippi in an XS. The neckline is higher, which is why I prefer this fit to the Tippi.
- Boden Cashmere V-neck Sweater: A V-neck with the same fit as the crew neck.
- Zara Cable Stitch Oversize Sweater: One size only. Best on those who wear a medium or large. Gorgeous colour and fashion forward. This fit is catwalk stuff.
- Zara Fancy Knit Sweater: A fitted chunky pullover is a rarity. Runs small and is super over a pencil skirt.
- Zara Cashmere Sweater: I bought this in the pink, which is virtually white because it’s very, very pastel. I love the short boxy fit because it’s modern and on trend. I’ve worn it three times already, over an untucked white shirt, with baggy faded jeans and white Beatle booties. Runs small.
- Gap Luxury V-Neck Sweater: An affordable way to add Spring colour for Team V-neck. Semi or faux tuck and Bob’s your uncle.
Don’t underestimate the power of the simple pullover in a fluid fit and a flattering colour. It provides an effective backdrop to statement necklaces and scarves, while complementing edgy bottoms and hairstyles.