This week’s roundup is for Team Grey. Solid grey items can look blah, but add in some texture, a subtle pattern, embellishment, blocking or trim, and grey springs to life. Note that some of the items also come in options other than grey, so be sure to check those out too.
- Halogen Print Pencil Skirt: Thick, stretchy and over the knee.
- Halogen Embellished Cashmere Sweater: Non-itchy and fun over the printed pencil skirt.
- Halogen Dolman Sleeve Tunic Sweater: Throw-on-and-go tunics with open necklines have been hard to find. This one comes in several colours and is an easy option over skinnies matched with jacket, boots and scarf.
- Via Spiga Knit Collar Wool Blend Topper: Streamlined, yet roomy. Great pattern and cozy knit inserts. Unfortunately no side entry pockets so sport a cute pair of gloves instead.
- Via Spiga Zip Front Mixed Media Coat: Tailored and sporty, with a hint of retro. The diagonal lines created by the colour blocked insets both in the front and back are extremely flattering.
- Eileen Fisher Asymmetrical Merino Wool Sweater: Graphic, swingy, and with the elusive V-neck. The charcoal inset is repeated in the back. Size down.
- Vince Tri Colour-block Turtleneck: Oversized and chunky, yet streamlined and pretty flattering because of the drape and high-low hemline. Non-itchy. I bought this turtleneck last year in ink and charcoal and love it. It’s no wonder that they repeated the winner this season.
- Vince Textured Drape Cardigan: This sweater coat is stunning and you might need to size down. It’s a great item to have for working at home, or popping on fast when you’re rushing out the door. It’s stylish, cozy, casual and very comfortable.
- Kristen Blake Faux Shearling & Faux Fur Moto Jacket: A little ’70s magic for Team Boho. Fun piece.
- Elizabeth and James Layla Foiled Pencil Skirt: Metallic fabness. Glam yet sporty. Fashion forward yet classic. An interesting skirt that is begging to be matched with pastel cashmere.
I don’t wear grey well at all, so I match it with a bright, black, ink, or white to avoid looking deathly. I also like the look of grey warmed up with cognac accessories or footwear.