I’m a big Theory fan because their brand is exceptionally crisp, clean, simple and angular. And the quality is generally impeccable. I have many Theory pieces that I love every time I haul them out. They are pricey, but so far I’ve found the investments worth it. The brand runs small, so you might need to size up.
These versatile Theory pieces for Fall can be mixed and matched with cheaper items, if you fancy the idea of high-low style. And because happy feet are a must in my world, I threw in some comfortable footwear options that complement the Theory pieces.
- Theory Laura Mixed Media Jacket: A mixed media piece that looks as good dressed up for the office with a pencil skirt and patent pumps, as it does remixed with faded denim and biker boots.
- Theory Elizabeth Wool Blend Coat: We haven’t talked about it yet, but this is the coat shape for 2013. Masculine, unshaped, low stance, and good drape. That’s the best shade of camel I’ve seen in years.
- Theyskens Theory Paction Fruma Slim Stretch Pants: Sport a pair of fluid straight leg trousers to the office as a way of changing up your bootcuts and skinnies style. These went into my shopping cart because they are full length (FINALLY), and I fancy the idea of dark blue trousers to wear with my many black tops.
- Theory Jillian Wool Sweater: The fit of this pullover is stunning. Tailored, yet roomy, and very comfortable.
- Theory Avano Stretch Wool Pants: It’s awfully rare to see ruby coloured trousers. A breath of fresh air amidst a sea of grey and black.
- Theory Dancey Woven Blazer: Here’s the blazer to match the Avano trousers. A one button closure with a low stance is the trendiest blazer styling at the moment.
- Born Zowie Boot: A tough shootie to wear with jeans and pants. Also available in brown. Read the rave reviews.
- Söfft Abbott Pump: Low-heeled, interesting, and pointy toed. Super cushioning footbed, and also available in textured cinnamon, copper and pewter. You might need to size up.
- Pikolinos Verona Oxford Pump: A colourblocked heeled oxford to wear with skirts and dresses. Fun with a moto jacket and textured hosiery.
- Arche Musaca Boot: Feels like butter and a sleek second skin on the foot. Check out the deep red.
- Everybody Fedora Bootie: A tailored Beatle bootie with an edgy zipper. Check out both shades of burgundy.
- Corso Come Model Bootie: Ladylike, refined and modern. I wish they weren’t so high so that I could wear them. Please wear them for me.
- Tsubo Fie Bootie: A pointy toe with a roomy toe box. Slightly sporty but still pretty dressy. Also available in black and brown.
We’ve been starved of dressy brown footwear options for years, but they’re available this season. Make sure you grab a pair if they were a wardrobe hole.