With my top picks for jackets and coats down, it’s on to tops and bottoms. I’ve covered knitwear, blouses, shirts, knit tops and activewear, as well as jeans, trousers and skirts.
Be sure to check alternative colour options if the ones I link to are not to your taste. Many of the items are also available in petite and plus sizes. I’ve fitted every item onto a range of body types so feel free to ask questions in the comments section.
- Trouve Metallic Sweater: Subtle daytime sparkle for work and play. Size down.
- Trouve Wild Knit Sweater: A way to create the fashion forward “round shoulder silhouette” at an affordable price. It’s huge so size down two sizes.
- Nic & Zoe V-Neck Pointelle Sweater: Pretty, breezy and comfy for Team V-Neck.
- Alice & Oliva Two Tone Wraparound Sweater: A dramatic arty piece that makes a statement. Bulky, but beautiful. Works for petites with a broad shoulder line, so no, you do not need to be tall to wear this item.
- Press British Intarsia Snap Front Cardigan: Just for fun. Scrunch the sleeves for structure.
- Rubbish Fair Isle Long Sweater: A touch bohemian and not all that long. Fitted and casual.
- Curio Mix Knit High/Low Sweater: This one is for trendy Mum on the go. Fab with sleek bottoms. But just as nice with tailored slacks and a pencil skirt.
- Hinge Pointelle Sweater: Retro and adorable. Pretty neckline and fluid fit. Wear it over a full skirt.
- Hinge Front Lace Sweater: An upscale tee.
- Michael Kors Mixed Media Cardigan: An arty piece with structure and volume. Fab over frocks.
- Vince Leather Trim Blanket Sweater: As cozy and warm as a blanket. Casual chic, and must size down.
- Amber Sun Zip Trim Colorblock Crewneck Sweater: Cute! Zips and colour block. A fun piece for work and play.
- Only Mine Cashmere Blend Crewneck Sweater: Not itchy and a great little basic. It runs quite small, so size up if you prefer a roomy fit. I bought the cream and white polka dot and most of my clients did too, as well as the grey kitty. A no-brainer for a Seattle climate.
- Sejour Fine Dine Merino Wool Cardigan (Plus): A refined business casual basic that’s versatile and streamlined.
- Max & Mia Short Sleeve Knit Sweater: Fab layered under a blazer, or on its own. Size down.
- Eileen Fisher Wrapped Cotton Nubble Sweater: Luxurious fabrication in a beautiful weight. Pretty oversized, although the lines are clean and fluid. Also in plus.
- Halogen V-Neck Cardigan: A good basic.
- Joie Malena B. Mixed Media Sweater: An upscale sweatshirt in silk, just how I like it. Very fluid and refined.
- Raga Animal Print Sweater: Fashion forward, cozy and fun! If the neckline was higher, this style would be mine.
- Theory Jillian Wool Sweater: Stunning quality and fluid fit. Also available in navy.
- Two by Vince Camuto Open Knit Sweater: Great layered over a tank top with fitted jeans. Too long for petites.
Tops & Tees
- Trouve Graphic Print High/Low Top: Fun for trendy Mum on the go with Ponte pants and boots.
- Caslon Knit Tunic: A pull-on-and-go tunic over leggings or skinnies. Read the rave reviews.
- Eileen Fisher Ballet Neck Tee: An excellent top in a thick knit that can be worn with just about anything on its own or layered under a topper. Forgiving on the midsection. Also in plus.
- Trouve Animal Print Blouse: A great fit on a narrow shoulder line. Breezy and comfortable. Comes in purple too.
- Wildfox Diamonds Are Forever Raglan Sleeve Top: A diamond tee to match your diamond ring. Fun for Mum on the go over skinnies with boots.
- Michael Kors Drape Neck Studded Side Top: Body con structure and perfect for the full busted hourglass. Comes in patterns.
- Halogen Tie Neck Sleeveless Top: A breezy blouse for the office. Or over cut-off shorts in casual settings.
- Free People Graphic Lace Sleeve Tee: Lacy, long and boho. Fab on tall ladies with broad shoulders.
- Foxcroft Roll Sleeve Chambray Shirt: For the arty eclectics who prefer a bit of structure. Check the fluid back detail.
- Tory Burch Hadley Printed Henley Top: Refined and beautifully made. Subtle detail that’s a great match for a pencil skirt or a pair of classic trousers.
- Vince Boatneck Tee: A simple basic for Team Long Neck and Dainty Shoulders.
- Zella French Terry Hoodie: Nice active or lounge top. Fitted. Also available in plus.
- Pleione Faux Wrap Stripe Blouse: Fluid, interesting, soft and elegant. I love the diagonal angle of the stripes. I bought this in black and white, and enjoy wearing it untucked over black cropped pants with dainty heels.
- Sejour Embellished Ponte Knit Top (Plus): So elegant! Super sleeve length and tailored fit.
- Sejour Shirred Tee (Plus): Great tees are hard to find, but this one fits the bill. Also available in prints.
- Vince Camuto Jersey Wrap Top: A fluid beauty that does not cling. Modern ’40s fabness.
- Hinge Jacquard Dot Top: Romantic and playful. I liked it best in black.
- Halogen Seamed Pencil Skirt: A sale staple that’s comfy and flattering. I vote black and grey colour-block.
- Nic & Zoe Denim Skirt: Swooshing light denim against your legs with boots for fall is a good thing. Nice length. You might need to size down.
- Elie Tahari Kelsa Mixed Media Skirt: It matches the Minka jacket and is elegant deluxe. The back zips right through, so you can adjust the length of the back slit. Very ladylike.
- Jag Jeans Miranda Metallic Coated Print Skinny Jeans: A little sparkle for Team Magpie. Nice fit for curvy gals.
- NYDJ Leeann Stretch Skinny Boyfriend Jeans: If baggy boyfriend jeans aren’t your thing, try this slim fitting style. Also super flattering on a curvy lass. Here’s the darker wash and a grey wash.
- NYDJ Meagan Faux Leather Trim Stretch Skinny Jeans: Gorgeous and trendy! Exceptional quality and fit, looking good on both straight and curvy body types. The tuxedo stripe is fabulous, and the leg not too tapered.
- Two by Vince Camuto Camo Cuff Jeans: Many of my clients bought these jeans, even when they don’t normally like camo print! They are that fab. The pattern is subtle, and the style super when rolled to well above the ankle. Size up for a slightly roomier fit.
- NYDJ Zip Trim Skinny Stretch Ponte Pants: One of the best structured Ponte pants styles on the market. Streamlined, but not overly tight. Thick fabric adds structure to the style. Also available in plus.
- Joie Mariner B Tuxedo Track Pants: Fashion forward and fluid. Fab drape, and gorgeous with dainty heels.
- WAYF Piped Plaid Pants: Fashion forward pajama fun! I loved these on my petite clients because the length was longer. But they also look nice with heels on non-petite lasses.
- Zella Live In Zebra Print Leggings: Fab for workouts or lounging.
- Halogen Taylor Etched Plaid Pants: These match the Etched plaid jacket and are great for business casual or business formal. Flattering fit across the thighs.
My favourite item that I picked up at this year’s sale has sold out online. It was Diane von Furstenberg’s Tinkit Sweater in blush and black animal print. It might come back into stock, so keep stalking the style if it tickles your fancy. On to dresses and accessories!