Lots of mixed media and dark colours in the outerwear and jacket assortment this year, which makes for a nice change to the brights we saw last year.
Be sure to check alternative colour options if the ones I link to are not to your taste. Many of the items are also available in petite and plus sizes. I’ve fitted every item onto a range of body types so feel free to ask questions in the comments section.
- Mural Quilted Bomber Jacket: One of the best ways to spend $65 at the sale. The knitted sleeves are comfy, the back detailing slimming and interesting, and the quilting NOT black. This was one of my fun purchases.
- La Marque Funnel Neck Leather Jacket: Hello Team Purple and Team Long Neck. Great tailored fit and crisp design. The funnel neck will rub your chin if your neck is on the short side.
- June Double Zip Leather Moto Jacket: A gorgeous designer piece in a rich merlot. It zips two ways, both as a single breasted style, and as an asymmetrical moto style. Genius.
- Olivia Moon Knit Blazer: An excellent tailored, affordable and comfortable piece. Great over jeans, trousers, skirts and dresses. Scrunch the sleeves and leave it open. The fabric does differ across the options: both stripes, the grey and navy dot were best. You might need to size down.
- Zip Front Tweed Jacket: Fitted, nice neckline, and fab leather piping. Great on an apple shaped body with a larger bust when left open.
- Amber Sun Ponte Moto Jacket: A great way to wear a black moto at the fraction of the price. Cozy, stretchy and runs big, so size down.
- Halogen Cutaway Leather Jacket: Gorgeous in the taupe. Perfect on an apple shaped frame and larger bust. The front diagonal lines are slimming. Fun back detailing. Also available in plus.
- Trouve Stitch Detail Leather Jacket: Sci-fi peplum fabness. Cute zipped and unzipped.
- Zella Featherweight Quilted Jacket: A fashionable active jacket. Size down.
- Michael Kors Two Tone Washed Leather Jacket: Extra rugged. Lots of bells and whistles, but super in the two tones, which add back in a bit of softness.
- Elie Tahari Marta Leather Scuba Jacket: It’s hard to find an ink blue leather jacket and this one is sublime. Extremely slimming and streamlined. Beautifully made and ultra soft leather. One of the best at the sale.
- Halogen Faux Leather Trim Tweed Jacket: An excellent tweed jacket for the petite apple with a shorter neck.
- Helmut Lang Razor Leather Jacket: Avant-garde fabness with sharp shoulders. Very cropped at the back, which adds to the drama.
- Rudsak Rabbit Fur Trim Leather Jacket: Another dramatic piece with great back detailing. Perfect over a plain sheath dress, which is how my client wore it. And I fainted because the combination was ultra stunning.
- Yigal Azrouël Lambskin Leather Moto Jacket: Beautiful high-end piece with sleeves that zip off to transform the jacket into a vest. It’s very short though, so consider yourself warned. Exquisite layered over a column of colour.
- Elodie Jacquard Bomber Jacket: A nice way to wear a trendy piece at an affordable price. Runs small.
- Elie Tahari Minka Metallic Tweed Jacket: Extremely structured and polished. Size up. The sleeves are narrow, but the Ponte knit insets keeps them comfy. Super back peplum detail, and has a skirt to match.
- Halogen Etched Plaid Suit Jacket: The front and back have a super piping detail that is not that visible in the photo. Great structured fit. Has trousers and skirt to match if you are looking for a suit.
- Sejour Gibson Piped Suit Jacket: Fitted and flattering. The piping adds a polished touch.
- Sejour Nappa Lambskin Leather Jacket (Plus): A tailored modern classic with a little edge. Love the nipped in back waist detail. The knitted side panels add extra comfort. Perfect for business casual and casual
- Trouve Mixed Media Leather Jacket: The subtle grey houndstooth colour blocking makes this jacket different and special. It does not appear structured in the photo, but it’s actually quite fitted.
- Burberry Ravenfield Quilted Jacket: A timeless classic with an equestrian kick. I vote blue or camel.
- Zella Terra Nova Jacket: A fun way to wear activewear. Sweet peplum.
- Sam Edelman Zip Front Military Tweed Jacket: Loads of bells and whistles, but really fun. It’s fitted and playfully dramatic. Richly toned in burgundy.
- French Connection Stand Collar Double Breasted Textured Coat: An on trend cocoon coat that runs large. If you like to have a lot of room around your arms in outerwear, this might be the coat for you! Perfect over oversized knitwear, and wonderfully structured on the hip. Fun with elbow length gloves.
- Michael Kors Trench Coat with Detachable Hood: A classic sale staple each year. It’s well made and has a hood, side entry pockets, and detachable lining. Fit is roomy so size down. Love the single breasted styling, which hangs open with style. Also available in plus. All colours are fab.
- DKNY Double Breasted Military Peacoat: Another coat with lots of room around the arms and shoulders. A little Sergeant Pepper. Looks fab buttoned and unbuttoned
- Guess Asymmetrical Textured Wool Blend & Faux Leather Coat: A classic coat with a trendy mixed media twist.
- Sam Edelman Aster Two Tone Anorak: Sporty avant-garde. Adjust the waist toggles for structure.
- Ellen Tracy Double Breasted Trench Coat: A fab trench for over dresses because of its length. Fits a little like a classic Burberry.
- BCBG Knit Inset Quilted Coat: Perfect for Mum on the go. Fitted, weatherproof, hooded, fashionable and robust. Love the high-low hemline. Runs large.
- Laundry Quilted Sleeve Mixed Media Peacoat: A beautiful, chic piece with just the right amount of sporty. Check out the back box pleats. So fun! Might need to size up.
- Calvin Klein Colorblock Houndstooth Coat: A bold retro coat that’s roomy in the arms so you can reach, stretch and drive no problem.
- Rudsak Raven Asymmetrical Mixed Media Coat: A new to me Canadian brand that I fell in love with. I bought this coat as a nod to the Ladylike Bond Girl fashion persona I’ll be incorporating into my style for Fall. It’s beautifully made, and more streamlined than in the photo. Elegant, crisp and a touch sporty. Looks great open and closed. And the sleeves are long enough for my gorilla arms.
Next up, top picks for tops and bottoms.