I’m pleased to report that there were a number of fab frocks at this year’s sale. I even had non-frock wearing clients come home with dresses this time round.
Be sure to check alternative colour options if the ones I link to are not to your taste. Many of the items are also available in petite and plus sizes. I’ve fitted every item onto a range of body types so feel free to ask questions in the comments section.
- Vince Camuto Colorblock V-Neck Sheath Dress: Great on an hourglass with a short neck. Fun layered with the Olivia Moon striped jacket if you prefer to cover your arms.
- Diane von Furstenberg New Jeanne 2 Silk Jersey Wrap Dress: I almost cried when my curvy hourglass clients popped this on, they looked that beautiful. The drape is divine, and not as short on regular and petite gals. Also available in a second pattern.
- Eileen Fisher Merino Jersey Dress: For Team Elegant Eclectic. Gorgeous over full length leggings and wedge heels. Looked stunning when layered with the Michael Kors Mixed Media Cardigan. Size down one size.
- Eliza J Elbow Sleeve Geo Print Ponte Shift Dress: Forgiving on the midsection. Super sleeve length and fun graphic print.
- Tory Burch Etta Print Blouson Dress: This style worked much better on petites than on regular and tall lasses because it’s not as long in real life. Drapes beautifully, and bless those long sleeves.
- Eliza J Print Ponte Fit & Flare Dress: One of the best fit & flares I’ve seen all year. It’s perfect for pear and hourglasses and isn’t that short in real life. Super comfy and fits like a dream.
- Lafayette 184 New York Leather Trim Punto Milano Dress: A fun mixed media sheath. Beautifully tailored.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Blade Crystal Index Watch 40mm: I bought this darling and it’s absolutely gigantic on my very small wrist. But I love it somehow, breaking all the rules that small boned ladies can’t wear big watches. I love the juxtaposition of the masculine touch with dainty pointy toe pumps and ladylike full skirts. It looks like a wide chunky bracelet rather than a watch. I had the band sized and have worn it every day since I got it a week ago. I LOVE the retro black face. Here is the smaller version. Also available in silver and rose gold.
- Kate Spade Gramercy Grand Bracelet Watch 38 mm: This style is more girly and for Team Pink.
- Tarnish Bouclé Newsboy Cap: Adorable!
- Kate Spade Hancock Park Jeanne Leather Satchel: Pretty, ladylike, and superbly structured.
- Dooney & Bourke Clayton Satchel: A little earthy and vintage. Gets better with age.
- Furla Papermoon Satchel: A dear little update on the baguette bag of the ’90s.
- T Tahari Dome Satchel: It’s pretty big, but so pretty. The texture of the metallic copper is divine.
- Lulla Collection Zebra Print Scarf: The lace portions add softness to a leather jacket.
- Bernie of New York Faux Leather Infinity Scarf: Interestingly edgy in a mod way.
I haven’t created a top picks list for basics like socks, underwear and hosiery, but the NAS is also a great opportunity to stock up on those items. On to footwear.