Most of my clients, who represent all age groups, have added boyfriend jeans to their wardrobes as a roomy alternative to skinnies, straight legs and boot cuts. Some wear them baggy and slouchy, while others prefer them a lot more streamlined. How you’d like your boyfriends to fit is of course completely up to you.
The styles below have been winners with my clients, and I wear three of these options myself. Most of the styles are cropped and rolled well above the ankle, but some are full length.
- KUT from the Kloth Catherine Slim Boyfriend Jeans: These have been absolute winners across the board in terms of price, fit, quality and length. No tears, holes and hectic distressing. The denim is pretty thick and the fit around the hips and seat flattering. It’s been extremely interesting to see them work well on curvy and straight body types. Also available in white, a lighter wash and plus sizes. I have these in white and sized up for a baggier fit.
- Gap Sexy Boyfriend: These tend to be baggier than the Catherines, wider on the waist, and longer in the rise. I also have these, wear them both rolled and unrolled, but prefer the fit of the Catherines from KUT.
- True Religion Cameron Boyfriend in Defiance: These are gorgeous, full length, and very comfortable. But you have to make peace with the bulky back pocket flaps, and distressing. Runs true to size, but size down if you want them to fit in a less baggy manner.
- True Religion Brianna Slim Boyfriend in Granite: They are a narrower cut than the Camerons and a lot more distressed. They also don’t have the bulky back pocket flap.
- True Religion Cameron Boyfriend in Pioneer: I have these and am thrilled with them. They are 100% cotton, which is rare in denim these days. The lack of stretch gives them a crisper feeling, and their full length piqued my interest right from the start. I wear mine baggier than on the model and bought them in my regular size. I adore the bulky back pockets and always tuck in a top and wear a belt to showcase their cheeky effect.
- Ann Taylor Loft: These are super soft and run a little big. Comfy on the waist and hip. Also available in cream.
- Old Navy Skinny Boyfriend: Some prefer the fit of these over the ones from the Gap and Loft because they are more streamlined. The price is especially appealing for a casual, kicking-around, style.
Some of my clients have created a similar boyfriend jeans vibe by sizing up on straight leg jeans and rolling up the hems. Either way, the styles that expose part of the lower leg are perfect on days when it’s too cold to wear shorts but too warm for jeans.