White footwear and bags are one way to make your outfits feel more Spring and Summer appropriate. And while emerald was voted the colour of the season by Pantone, I vote white all the way. Remember that white comes in several shades so choose your white. White shoes can be bookended in an outfit with white belts, blonde hair, white tops and toppers, or a white bag.
Here’s a selection of white shoes and bags, many of which have happily transitioned my clients into Spring.
- Kate Spade Little Ribbon Samira Clutch: This item isn’t completely white, but quirky and sweet all the same.
- Kate Spade Charlotte Street Small Sloan Satchel: A beautifully made modern classic satchel with a high longevity factor. Look after it, and it will look after you.
- Vince Camuto Bolts Tote: A super bag that carries a laptop. Fab for work and travel.
- Pour La Victoire Nouveau Clutch: Wear it as a chain handle bag or as a clutch. Pretty and architectural.
- Munro Kimi Loafer: This Gucci lookalike is more comfortable than the quintessential Italian version. Runs narrow so you might need to purchase a wide size. Stunning with white jeans and shorts.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi-Ness Sneaker: I have these and the brand needs little introduction. Pop in an insole for extra cushioning comfort.
- Tildon Lindy Wedge: If you can handle the heel height, go for it. Modern and fabulous on a foot that can fill out the sandal.
- Report Meliza Sandal: A great little caged baby wedge that’s quite versatile.
- Dolce Vita Orina Oxford: Fun ’80s flashback! These oxfords run quite wide and are pretty casual as well as comfy. Nice tiny heel height too.
- Michael Kors Ava Sandal: A very trendy sandal that once again looks best on feet that can fill out the silhouette. Not good on low volume feet with long toes.
- Prada Tassel Loafer: Let’s just say I fainted when I saw this darling. So, so beautiful and runs big.
- Vince Camuto Minter Sandal: And a repeat style from last year. This sandal continues to be a winner amongst my clients because it looks as good with skirts and dresses, as it does with tapered trousers and jeans. It’s quite comfortable and refined on the foot.
Banish all negative connotations of white footwear and at least try them on in stores if you have your doubts. Or take baby steps by sporting a white bag instead. Perhaps next season you’ll work your way to adding white footwear to your style.