- Pick up a colour in a top with your shoes
- Match up bright shoes with the same colour handbag or belt
- Wear bright shoes with a neutral ensemble
- Wear several brights of the same intensity
- Match bright shoes with a scarf or necklace that picks up the same colour
Number 5 is the new addition, and has gone down particularly well with my clients because it pulls together your outfit without it feeling overly matchy-matchy. The following pairings between accessory and footwear illustrate this point.
I incorporate my bright shoes in all of these ways, favouring methods 3 and 4. How do you like to wear your non-neutral footwear?