Although I bat for Team One Piece, and so do the majority of my clients, I do have suggestions for two piece swimsuits. Two pieces are an especially good idea if you need to purchase a specific cup size, or if you wear a different size on the top and bottom. They also make going to the loo easy, and they dry faster than a one piece after a swim.
Bra-sized swimwear tops are becoming extremely popular, and brands like Freya, Fantasie and Panache get my big thumbs up. It’s great that you can purchase the pieces separately these days. Mix and match as you please, purchase any size, and update your two piece by merely adding a new top or bottom.
Below are my picks for bikini and tankini tops and bottoms. I’ve seen most of the styles on my clients and they look fabulous! They run pretty true to size but in some cases you might need to go up a size in the bottoms. Remember to click through all the colour options.
Bikini and Tankini Tops
- La Blanca “Glamour” Tankini Top: Hands down the best Tankini top I have seen in a while. It’s just so, so flattering. Remember that you can alter the side seams of tankini tops if they don’t lie flush against the body.
- La Blanca Push Up Tankini Top: This top is fab because it pushes up the bosom for extra cleavage, and polka dots are always fun.
- Tommy Bahama Swim Palm Tankini: This one is for you if you prefer soft cups.
- Profile by Gottex “Tricolore” Halter Tankini Top (plus): I haven’t seen this one on, but one of my clients raves about the style and I trust her judgement.
- Juicy Couture Beach “Little Lulu” Halter Top: Fabulous if you’re not well endowed.
- Profile by Gottex “Tutti Frutti” Shirred Underwire Tankini Top: This style isn’t quite as va va voom as the La Blanca Glamour Tankini, but it’s also very flattering. The straps are a little long so it’s good for regular and longer torsos.
- Freya “Pier” Underwire Halter Bikini top: So sweet! The support is amazing and colour and pattern adorable. I don’t mind the ruffle either.
- Freya Carousal Balcony Swimwear Top: This top comes in super small band widths (like a 30D) and the pattern is delightfully cheerful.
- La Blanca “Fresh Look” Push-Up Bikini Top: I have not seen how this fits, but so far, all items by La Blanca fit and cover like a dream, AND are alluring at the same time. So you’re off to a good start. If I had to wear a bikini, this would be it.
Bikini and Tankini Bottoms
- Michael Kors Bikini bottom: Basic and quite skimpy, but not overly revealing.
- Tommy Bahama Swim Palm Print High Waist Bottoms: These match the above tankini and have pretty good coverage.
- La Blanca Hipster Bottoms: These are fuller than the Michael Kors bikini bottoms and are another good little basic. Also available in Ruby.
- Profile by Gottex “Tutti Frutti” Skirted Bottoms (plus): I haven’t seen these on, but apparently they are fabulous.
- Gottex “Mikado” High Waist Tankini Bottom: Perfect for those who like extra coverage over the belly area.
- Freya Pier Skirted Bikini Bottoms: This matches the Freya Pier bikini top, and has good coverage (it comes up higher than you might think). The skirt detailing is ADORABLE even though I have just about had it with ruffles.
- Freya Eclipse Heart Ring Bikini Bottoms: You might tan a little oddly with this one, but boyshorts are retro-style at it’s best . You could match this one up with many styles of top.
- Juicy Couture Ruffle Rollover Bottom: These match the “Little Lulu” halter top, but you don’t need to match them up like that. Purchase a solid bikini or tankini top and look just as fab. This bottom has great coverage and that’s the main reason it made my list.
- La Blanca Boardshorts: Some of my clients like to wear boardshorts over their bikini bottoms with either a bikini or tankini top. Nordstrom has stocked these for a couple of seasons and they do the trick. Covered, comfortable and cute.
My clients generally prefer swimwear with bust support, so that’s why I haven’t included any string bikinis or bandeau style tops. Land’s End makes good one pieces as I mentioned in an earlier post on top one piece swimsuits. But so far for some reason, I haven’t found their tankinis and bikinis as impressive in fit and styling. Probably still worth a look though.
Please add to the list if you are happy with your two piece swimsuit. I’d love to hear your recommendations.
This post contains affiliate links.