I bet we’d all wear dresses in Winter if they were long sleeved and made in a substantial weight fabric! I don’t know why dresses with three quarter or long sleeves are hard to find. I guess the fashion industry would prefer us to layer both under and over sleeveless dresses instead of wearing them on their own.
Even though dresses with long sleeves are scarce, below are styles that might tickle your fancy. I’ve fitted some of them on clients and they pass fit and quality control:
- Origami Detail Dress: If you like brown, Ponte knit fabrications and arty detailing, this one is worth a look.
- High Twist Jersey Dress: Front knot detailing is flattering for many reasons. If you prefer solids to patterns, check it out in black and marine.
- Red Dot Jackie Jersey 1/2 Sleeve V-Neck Dress: Another easy to throw on dress which does not cling. Fantastic on a fuller bust line and comes in grape too.
- Michael Kors Assymetrical Ring Dress: Bold and beautiful. Great drape and good coverage.
- Laundry by Shelli Segal Peacock Print Matte Jersey Dress: Love the ruched sleeves and vibrant jewel tones.
- Calvin Klein Zip Neck 3/4 Sleeve Sweater Dress: This one is in my shopping cart since I’m having a great run with Calvin Klein dresses. Sweater dresses are cozy and easy to wear with boots and hosiery.
- Calvin Klein Ponte 3/4 Sleeve Dress: Dress this style up or down, add the spunk or keep it classic. It has a fun exposed back zipper and front pockets. I have a similar style it teal blue which I adore.
- Chetta B Belted Ponte Knit Sheath Dress: A great colour.
- Karen Kane Cowl Neck Dress: Prada-esque simplicity at its best. Fab price.
- Ralph Lauren Print Faux Wrap Jersey Dress: Nice ruching and more flattering than you might expect. One of my clients bought three different versions of this frock because the fit was so impressive.
- Calvin Klein Drape Neck Jersey Dress (Plus): Stunning.
- Chequer Long-Sleeved Sweater Dress: Love the outfit from top to toe. Look at those booties!
Remember that it’s HOW you wear a dress that gives it personality. Add expressive accessories, fun hosiery and killer boots. Top it off with scarf, hat, coat and gloves and you are good to go.