Autumn’s ankle boots and booties have started to hit stores and there are several good looking and comfortable options on offer. The elusive one to two and half inch heel has re-surfaced, so start stocking up if this is your preferred heel height.
Here are my top picks so far. Most of the styles can fit orthotics and insoles. Don’t worry too much about heel slippage because it’s inevitable with these styles. Remember to click through to all the colour options if the ones displayed are not to your taste:
- Blow Fish Hold True ($68.95): For the price, this bootie is a steal. The wedge heel is stable while the studs are fun. I preferred the edgy integrity of this style in black but if you’re an earthy gal, go for the chocolate instead. Runs small. I had to size up half a size with insoles and socks.
- Nine West Cleeo ($108.95): A killer bootie and my favourite of the lot. Extremely soft leather, a cushioning footbed and just so, so refined and feminine. I could charge around town in these at the speed of light. If I didn’t have a similar pair in my closet, I’d be snapping up these babies in duplicates. The cream pictured below is more of a tan in real life. Runs true to size.
- MIA Sergeant ($139.95): Very fabulous and the white colourway makes my heart sing. A very roomy toe box so a good option for wider feet. Rugged casual style at its best. Runs true to size.
- Clarks Indigo Turkish Blend ($125): Simply divine and my second favourite on this list. LOVE the ruched front lace-up detailing, asymmetrical top and textured heels. Surprisingly, I like the grey suede colourway best. They’re Clarks so comfort is almost guaranteed. Great support too. Runs true to size.
- Clarks Indigo Nottinghill ($100): This is a bootie with both a sporty and bohemian vibe. The black looks more urban, but the burgundy trim on the brown is interesting. Clarks comfort all the way. Runs true to size.
- Madden Girl Singsing ($59.95): Fabulous price! These are my third favourite and you’d have never guessed that from its three inch heel and synthetic upper. Very comfy, quite roomy and soft all over. The turn back cuff can be turned up for a different look which is just as sweet. The dainty little buckles are adorable and the criss-cross strapping is unique. Loved it in grey. Runs true to size.
Please tell me you’re wearing booties or at least that you intend to try them this season because they instantly transform an outfit to “right now”. Also, no calf width challenges. Do any of these styles appeal to you? If so which ones.