Update: The competition is now closed. Thank you for your entries. We will announce the winner after Thanksgiving.
Update 2: Winner announced!
As many of you know, TJX (the company that owns the T. J. Maxx and Marshalls off-price retail chains) recently invited YLF and several other fashion blogs to an event at their headquarters in Boston, MA.
We had a wonderful time and learned a lot about the company’s approach to retailing. But before telling all, we thought we would have some fun with a competition. The person who gives us the best and most complete set of answers to the following five questions will win a $250 gift voucher for T. J. Maxx and Marshalls stores.
- How many T. J. Maxx and Marshalls stores are there in the USA?
- Does T. J. Maxx carry same-season merchandise, or do they offer low prices by selling items from the last season?
- What percentage of the T. J. Maxx merchandise is irregular?
- Does T. J. Maxx offer couture brands?
- What are the differences between T. J. Maxx and Marshalls?
We will use one final question to break any ties: TJX is passionate about keeping costs low, but they are also on a drive to improve the shopping experience in their stores. What suggestions do you have for them in this regard?
Please submit your answers as a comment to this blog post (one per person). Earlier answers to the tie-breaker question will get more credit for their ideas. The competition will close at midnight on Monday 24 November (Pacific Standard Time).