I come alive with Spring fashions. I see my signature colours, white jeans, large bold patterns that make me smile, crisp fabrics that feel heavenly against the skin, pretty shirts and blouses that make me feel chic, and swooshy dresses and skirts that put a spring in my step. Spring is my favourite shopping season, and my weakness. Good thing I can wear Spring items for many months in Seattle. Warmer-weight items during Spring, and the more Summery versions in our warm to hot Summers.
Here are items that have been winners on clients, forum members, or have good reviews. Browse the colour and size options. Some items are on flash sale.
- Old Navy Water-Resistant Tie-Belt Trench Coat from Women: For the price, the quality of this trench coat blew me away. The inside seam finish is impeccable, and the fabric is GREAT. It's lightweight and unlined. Fab rich colour, and not a watery or dull beige. Runs big. Size down. Comes in black.
- Loft Dotted Ruffle Tie Neck Blouse: If you like pretty polka dot blouses in classic neutrals, and don't mind wearing an easy to launder polyester, give this one a whirl. It's not too long and drapes well. Might need to size down. I have this one. A pretty '70s look tucked into wide leg jeans.
- Boden Cropped Raglan Sweatshirt: Boden does my favourite fashion sweatshirts because they look crisp, neat and tidy, and are good quality. I have two old ones that are still going strong. Here are options in paisley and a navy leopard print. Not too long and fluid in a flattering way.
- Boden Button Cuff Merino Jumper: This is a very pretty sweater with lovely sleeves. Short, clean, flirty and crisp, yet dramatic and refreshing. Fluid fit with ample structure. THIN and not too thick for Spring. Keeps you warm on a colder Spring day. Comes in neutrals and a fern green.
- Boden Textured Cropped Wool Jacket: Shrunken jackets are back and this is one example of the trend. It's short, boxy, beautifully made, lovely fabric, and has subtle sharper shoulders. The sleeves are bracelet lengths unless you have shorter arms. More lime in person.
- Madewell Raincloud Gingham Raincoat: This is an interesting raincoat in a rare toffee gingham. Earthy in a crisp and preppy way. Fab quality, works boxy if you don't like the drawstring, and good in rain. Rigid. Runs big so size down.
- Boden Flare Trouser: Fabulous drape, comfy fit, lovely fabric, and stretches gently over curves. The rise was too long for me, but I have a short rise for my height. Comes in neutrals, petites and talls. Dress it down with sneakers, loafers or flat oxfords.
- M&S Collection Cotton Rich Striped Crew Neck Jumper: A classic nautical sweater in a crisp cotton, that might run a little big. Comes in white.
- Ann Taylor The Double Breasted Long Blazer in Tweed: A tailored long tweed blazer in an electric cobalt blue is a rare find. Worth a look if it tickles your fancy. It has solid blue pants to match.
- Boden Puff Sleeve Jersey Top: Mega Puffy Sleeve Fabness. The fabric is textured and interesting. The top is quite short. You can adjust the length of the sleeves a bit by pulling them down, or scrunching them up. STUNNING quality. The sculptural sleeves are lined and comfortable. Dramatic with an '80s integrity. Comes in black and white. I fell in love with the green, which is more lime in person. It's quite OTT, super fun, and I love it.
- M&S Collection Marble Print Pleated Midaxi Skirt: Pleated Midi Marbled Fabness. Nice drape. Pleats lie fairly flat against the body. Fab with a black support act and blue denim jacket. Great price!
- TNA supply cargo pant: If you're after a pair of cargo or parachute type pants, try these. They fit an assortment of body types quite well, and aren't too high in the rise. They come in short, regular, and tall across lots of quiet colours.
- Ann Taylor Textured Sweater Jacket: This is a super cute DIFFERENT short type of cardigan. It looks fab worn unbuttoned despite the double-breasted front. Fab waffled texture too. Comes in navy.
- Ann Taylor Geo Jacquard Funnel Neck Sweater: For Team Periwinkle. A lovely sweater in a Modern Retro shape that is great with white bottoms, or its matching woven skirt.
- Loft Denim Chore Jacket in Hot Pink Poppy: Shocking Pink Chore Jacket Fabness. Boxy and a little longer, if that suits you.
- Ann Taylor Geo Bias Slip Skirt: For Team Perwinkle. This skirt is AMAZING on a petite apple-shaped body type. It has an on-trend matching sweater and blouse to create a two-piece dress. Love the matching set. Easy, comfy, elegant and flattering.
- M&S Collection Twill Relaxed Single Breasted Coat: Fab Spring coat in a crisp textured twill in a straight cut that can work well over layers. It's just long enough to be versatile, and the patch pockets work better than you might expect. I like it over flared midi skirts too. The hip fit is quite narrow, and it's roomy in the shoulders. Comes in a bright lime green, which I tried but returned. Absolutely delicious colour, but the stance was too low for my frame. I have narrow shoulders, so too low stances can be a tricky fit.
- & OTHER STORIES Asymmetric Side Button Sweater Vest: An interesting vest to wear over a long shirt that is suited to a straighter body with a smaller bust if you want it to hang straight and with a fluid fit. That said, it can work well on a curvier body with a larger bust too. It's simply tighter on top and flares out a bit from the waist down.
- Lauren Woman Print Crinkle Georgette Dress: Fit-and-flared Summer Dress Fabness. Pretty, flattering, comfortable, and with a rare V-neckline. Great on a curvy body type.
- LOUBEN Geo-Print Cotton-Blend Pencil Skirt: Graphic MOVING Pencil Skirt Fabness. Click the link to watch the video of the skirt in motion. Very unusual for a pencil skirt. The soft flounce on the side seam is all kinds of awesome.
- M&S Collection Jersey Patch Pocket Jacket: A boxy and long KNITTED blazer with busloads of comfort, and particularly fab for Team Tall. Comes in neutrals, and has pants to match to create a very comfy WFH suit.
- Bella-Vita Women's Georgette Heeled Sandals: Fably comfy and versatile slides that can be dressed up for a wedding, or worn with jeans.
- Chaus Geometric Zip Ruched Knit Top: Super cute layering top under a shorter jacket that showcases a bit of the ruching and the asymmetrical hem.
- Chaus Flutter Sleeve Blouse: A great little layering top to wear under a blazer or the like. Good on its own too. Comes in solids and neutrals. Fluid fit. Good on a larger bust, and broader shoulder. Nice on apple-shaped body types too. Very easy to pack and launder.
- Chaus Ruched Sleeve Print Blouse: A puffy sleeved top with waist shirring, a fluid fit and V-neck in an earthy patterned top for Summer is a rare find. Here it is, and the V-neckline is not too low.
- M&S Collection Pure Merino Wool Striped Crew Neck Jumper: If you like modern classic striped navy and white sweaters like I do, try this one for $52. The fit is fluidly tailored and the length not too long. Fits more fluidly than on the model. The merino wool is THIN so super fab for Spring. Feels luxe and pretty against the skin, and as if it has a silk component. Neat and tidy. It's mine and works well tucked into dressy pants, or worn out blouson-ed casually over jeans. Comes in oatmeal and watermelon.
- Ecco Soft 7 Monochromatic 2.0 Sneaker: These are VERY comfy and refined. I've had several pairs in the past and they are magical on my feet. Supportive, refined, versatile, and can fit an orthotic. Insoles are removable. Comes in silver, white, and black patent.
- Veronica Beard Jean Taylor High Rise Wide Leg Jeans: These are longer in person and beautifully polished because of the very even wash. The rise isn't too high, but they do narrow at the waist at the back so a good fit if you have a bit of a swayback like me. They are wide, comfy, and '70s. Elegant and dramatic. 100% cotton, not too rigid, and made in America. I have them, and wear them full length with flats, sneakers, or a one-and-a-quarter inch heel. I had to hack them half an inch so the hems would not get wet. Raw hems and easy to hack.
- Vionic Sellah Square Toe Loafer: These come in colours and have been a welcome shoe to clients with bunions. Super soft and comfy. Refined, and roomier toe box.
- Vionic Lani Combat Boot: These are very comfy and have excellent arch support. Not for wider feet. Comes in olive suede.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Cable-Knit Cotton Crewneck Sweater: I love these. The 100% cotton feels and looks gorgeous. Luxe against the skin. Cables aren't too chunky. Not too thick so easy to dry after laundering. Not too long. Neat and tidy fit. Comes in lovely colours. The yellow is mine.
You can see the descriptions alongside the items on the collection page.
Just for fun, here are some items for Spring and Summer that look appealing to me personally. Of course, they are completely suited to my sartorial preferences and might not be your cup of tea.