Here are some items that have recently been winners on my clients, worked for me, or simply have good reviews online. With many people working from home, interesting tops have become all important for digital meetings, as have extra comfy bottoms. Some of the items are on sale.
- Banana Republic Funnel-Neck Sweatshirt: This simple solid "hoodie" caught my eye because of the awfully cute funnel neckline and shorter length sweatshirt silhouette. It's NOT a hoodie. It's very good for my long neck, and insulating too. Crisp and architectural. Looks like a COS item. It has a good bit of structure despite the straight and boxy body. Lovely tapered sleeves and welt. It's super soft, and works well with casual items, or one that you can remix with dressier pieces. I have it in white to wear with my dressy maxi skirts, dressy Spring pants, and white sneakers for a Sporty Luxe vibe. Comes in more neutrals. Not good on shorter necks.
- Anne Klein Ozella Pointed Toe Flat: A comfortable dressy flat with a sporty touch if you don't need much arch support. Comes in solid neutrals.
- Hobbs Meadow Floral Wrap Blouse: A very pretty blouse if you like to showcase the waist. Comes in solid teal. A lovely quality polyester for those who wear the fibre.
- Hobbs Pussy Bow Top: This is a knitted blouse that works on an assortment of body types, and can be dressed up and down. It's gently fluid so that it doesn't cling, and you don't need to tie the ties into a bow.
- Hobbs Saskia Trench: Hobbs has been offering the Saskia trench coat for years, and I can't rave enough about it. The fit and quality are absolutely SUBLIME if you like to wear belted double-breasted silhouettes, and enjoy a sharp and crisp appearance. I have one in navy with white stitching, and it's more beautifully made than my navy Burberry peacoat. It's also more robust and chic. I wish it came in a larger assortment of sizes. Browse the site for colour options.
- Banana Republic Satin Cargo Jogger: This is a satin jogger for milder weather that is partly made of recycled polyester and comes in four neutrals. Those who are curvier and wider in the seat and thighs might need to size up for a roomy fit.
- Boden Berkshire Coatigan: A fun long polka dot cardigan that works really well on a larger bust, shorter neck and broad shoulders. Vey pretty blouson sleeves. Comes in navy. No closure, so consider yourself warned.
- Nike Sportswear Quilted Midi Skirt: If you enjoy wearing comfortable quirky items with an athletic touch, try this skirt. It has fab side vent snap detailing, and would look super cute with a casual or dressy hoodie/sweatshirt and sneakers or hi-tops.
- COLDESINA Jenny Convertible Top: This style of top works well on an apple-shaped body type with a larger bust. Fluid but with structure in all the right places. It can also be worn with one bare shoulder, which accentuates its asymmetrical cut. Comes in black and snakeskin.
- LIVERPOOL LOS ANGELES Liverpool Cotton Blend Moto Jacket: An eggplant cotton moto jacket is a rare find, and this one might run a little big.
- REFINERY29 Print Jogger Pants: Soft and silky joggers made of rayon can be dead right for a warm and very casual day. Gorgeous with a simple fluid black blouse. This one is shorter in the rise.
- Gallery Faux Fur Swing Coat: A dramatic black faux fur coat with chocolate trim and architectural hood. For Team Old Hollywood Glam. Runs a little big.
- Gallery Water Repellent Hooded Raincoat: A raincoat looks awfully pretty in white, and this is a great quality brand that runs a little big. The back drawstring detailing creates a nice bit of structure. Comes in olive.
- SWEATY BETTY Power Pocket Workout Leggings: These leggings come highly recommended by a curvy petite friend because of an extra fab fit. I'm a regular height straighter hourglass, and they fit me well too. Comes in lots of patterns. I got a bright fuchsia print for yoga.
- Zella Space Dye Seamless T-Shirt: I got this in pink and seafoam for at-home yoga practice, and it's great. Very thick, polished and substantial, but not overly tight (especially on the arms). Impeccable quality. Some of the reviewers complained that the fabric was too thick and hot, but I like it. There are effective mesh side panels that keep things ventilated. It's warmer than a tee, but not as warm as a sweatshirt, so consider yourself warned.
- Halogen Halogen V-Neck Top: An excellent shape blouse for a shorter neck and/or larger bust. Very flattering neckline. The slippery fabric works well layered under a cardigan or jacket. Comes in quieter patterns. Might run a little roomy.
- M&S Collection Jersey Beach Dress: This is the type of swimming costume cover-up or roomy breezy dress you look for on a hot and humid August day, but can seldom find. So here it is, and in a natural fibre too. It's 100% viscose which gives me pause, but because I tend to trust M&S quality, I'm suggesting it.
- WRANGLER Graphic Crop Sweatshirt: Who remembers and wore Wrangler back in the day? My hand is up, and I LOVE horses. I added this boxy and roomy sweatshirt to my at-home yoga capsule, and adore it. Soft, comfy, and sentimental. It double duties as a lounging top too. It's oversized, but the cropped length gives it some structure. I wish it was blue, but the white horses sealed the deal despite the black background.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.