Stores aren’t full of Fall merchandise yet, which was expected in these unprecedented times. The addition of new stock is slow, while deeply discounted Summer assortments are aplenty. My hope is that retailers figure things out slowly but surely, and take the opportunity to rebuild in a better and smarter way.
Here’s a roundup of potential winners as we head into Autumn. I’ve seen some of the items in person. Some have been fab wardrobe additions for our forum members. Be sure to browse the colour options and read the reviews.
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Kayla Zip Sneakers: A patent hi-top is unique, and so is the placement of the zipper on the vamp of the shoe. These work best for regular-volume feet and are quite comfortable.
- Boden Cashmere Crew Neck Sweater: A pullover for cat and teal lovers. Fun, lovely quality, and a flattering fit.
- Autograph Pure Cashmere Scarf: A die-hard yummy classic that comes in three more neutrals.
- Wolford Dylan Net Knee High Stockings: These knee-highs can be dressed up or down. Wear them with pumps or sneakers, and with dresses or pants. Pricey, but robust and lovely quality.
- Patagonia Kamala Convertible Knit Midi Skirt: If you like to wear active Summery skirts, this is an option for those who don't mind the tie on the midsection. You can also pull it up over the bust and wear it as a bandeau dress. Comes in light blue.
- Miz Mooz Laurent High Top Sneaker: A pull-on sneaker for Team Teal. Comfortable, and can work for a wider foot and higher instep. Might run a little short. Comes in colours.
- LIVERPOOL LOS ANGELES Denim Midi Skirt: The godet insets on this skirt are very pretty, and feel romantic as you stride. Super soft and stretchy, and with a wide waist. It will need waist adjustment if you have a relatively small waist or swayback. Gorgeous length, and beautifully structured in a flowing way.
- M&S Collection Teddy Double Breasted Coat: A cosy teddy peacoat for Team Teal and comes in chocolate.
- WASH LAB Long Jean Skirt: I love this skirt. It fits beautifully, has a bit of stretch, is very comfortable, and is great in motion. Excellent swoosh factor and quite elegant. It's long, but easily hackable. I didn't keep it because the denim wash is too light and distressed. I'd prefer something darker and dressier to wear with hi-tops.
- CLOUD Aika High Top Sneaker: A mint hi-top is a rare find, and these are very comfortable. Orthotic-friendly. Might run small, and comes in lots of colours. The peach, pewter and burgundy plaid are fun options too. I wish they came in blush.
- Boden Dunbar Parka: A beautifully made warm olive parka at a luxurious and flattering length with fun fishtail back detailing. It has a removable faux fur lining, and has fur-lined pockets too. The inner drawstring on the waist can be cinched for shape. Waterproof and machine washable. It also has colourful twill tape detailing so don't be caught by surprise. Comes in navy.
- M&S Collection Faux Fur Jacket: Cinnamon Teddy Fabness. Runs big and comes in olive.
- UGG UGG: These very warm, comfortable and cosy casual sneaker booties come in four more neutrals. Can work on higher volume foot.
- Ecco ECCO: Warm and very comfy hi-tops that can work as casual boots. The footbeds come out so that you can insert an orthotic. Comes in a few more neutrals.
- Madewell Stripe Pickford Pullover Sweater: A lilac striped pullover that is cotton-rich is a rare find, and this one has fun side border detailing.
- Everlane The ReCashmere Varsity Cardigan: This cardigan has a lovely collegiate shape that looks fresh, and is flattering across a range of body types. Fluid yet structured in the right places. Wear it open as a topper, or buttoned-up as a top. Comes in more neutrals.
- BP 3-Pack Ruffle Crew Socks: A repeat style of ruffle socks that are super cute with boots and hi-tops because the SUBTLE ruffle adds a nice bit of visual interest over the top of the boots or sneakers.
- Ecco Women's Anine Ballerina Ballet Flat: These come in 17 colours and patterns and work quite well for high arches. They are super comfy, and can also be used as a stylish at-home-only shoe.
- Boden Helen Sparkle Dress: Go Team '70s Dress. Bold, bright, soft, VERY comfy, and does not crease. Fluid yet fitted. Forgiving and flattering. Machine washable too. It cannot be hemmed so consider yourself warned.
- Boden Cord Slim Straight Jeans: These are FAB casual pants. Good fit, tailored, slim but not skinny. Rise is not too high. Glides over curves and straight hips. So great that I got them in turquoise when corduroy pants are not my thing. My wild card! I hope they won't bag out. They might need waist and hip alteration if they do. Comes in earth tones.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.