New Spring and Summer collections are making their way into stores and there’s quite the range of garments. Spring coats and knitwear for cold Springs that feel like Winter. Transitional clothing for meek and mild weather, and flimsy lightweight attire for Springs that feel like Summer.
As I browse through the assortments across a multitude of retailers and consignment stores, it’s awfully apparent that fashion has become an overwhelming melting pot in which you can find almost anything if you look hard enough. Size diversity is still a challenge, but it’s a lot better than it used to be.
On to the potential winners:
- Michael Kors 'Slim Runway' Bracelet Watch: This is a repeat MK style watch that's been a winner on several clients and friends in all sorts of colours. It's super sleek, simple, and displays the time quite well. Available in many metallics.
- Dolce Vita Bel Bootie: A crisp and tailored bootie with a stable two inch heel. It's comfy on lower volume feet and works well with skirts, dresses and wide crops. Comes in ink blue and snake. Fab mock croc.
- Madewell Garment Dyed Ashwood Chore Coat: A casual chore jacket that comes in guava and cream. It's fashionably boxy and worked quite well on petites. It can work like a denim jacket.
- Madewell Tie Dye Crop Sweatshirt: The photo does not do the tie-dye sweatshirt justice. It looks great with straight white jeans and denim blue wide crops. Wear it UNTUCKED.
- STELLA & DOT Lucky Imitation Pearl Pendant: Dainty Necklace Fabness.
- Banana Republic Cropped Puff-Sleeve Sweatshirt: If you loved the '80s, try this. It's soooo super cute in the bubble gum pink, I can barely stand it! VERY fun puff and lantern sleeves. Lots of personality and very comfy. I'd glam it up with pearls.
- Everlane The Super-Straight Jean: I bought these in the BLUE with contrast wide cuffs on the hems and sport them ankle length. They fit extremely well, and mould to the body especially if you have a bit of a swayback. Not too high in the rise. They are CRISP, and not soft and stretchy. A little stiff but very comfortable. I've also got them in white, which are not a bright optical white, but an off-white. They are also shorter than the cuffed blue version. The white is thick and roomy, and NOT see-through. They do not bag out. I hope that the quality is there, since this is my first time committing to Everlane jeans.
- Madewell The Perfect Vintage Jean in Tile White: Raw-Hem Edition: These have fit an assortment of body types very happily who like SOFT jeans and a higher rise. You might need to size down. They have fit petites with a nice big cuff at the ankle. They are the answer to slim jeans that aren't as tight as skinnies. Not calf-sucking either. They are a little wide at the waist when you have a swayback.
- Loft Tie Waist High Rise Straight Leg Jeans in Vintage Dark Indigo Wash: These fit a curvy body type well, and you might need to size down. The waistband is the feature so please don't remove it!
- Loft High Waist Wide Leg Trousers in Curvy Fit: FABULOUS black and navy wide leg trousers for a curvy body type in the curvy fit. They come in a straighter fit too. Flattering and trendy.
- Esprit Jogger pants met utility-look: These worked well on a straighter body type and are forgiving on the midsection. Nice fabric and quite polished.
- Esprit Joggingbroek van piqué jersey: Super cute knitted joggers for Athleisure, dog walking, lounging, or post workout relaxing.
- Esprit Met linnen: trui met gaatjesmotief: Good Spring pullover for Team Mint. Looks gorgeous over wide crops UNTUCKED, just as you see in the photo. Size down. Cotton-rich.
- Theory Clairene Open-Front New Divide Wool-Cashmere Coat: A pricey and awfully yummy unstructured topper that works on a range of body types. It's the type of topper that you can wear indoors at the office if you're cold. Timeless and for Team Citron.
- Birkenstock 'Arizona' Soft Footbed Suede Sandal: Pretty Birkie Fabness. Comes in apricot.
- BLANKNYC Faux Suede Drape Front Jacket: This is for Team Teal who likes to wear interesting soft toppers over sleeveless tops and dresses. Comes in neutrals.
- Zara Asymmetrical Poplin Shirt: This is one way to wear the trendy shirt look at a price. Remember that the silhouette is BEYOND body type, and a little avant-garde. It comes in white. It's cotton-rich and machine washable, which helps. It is NOT beautiful Boden woven shirt quality at all. Far from it. But the cut is genius and the fabric is nice. It's the first shirt in this type of cut that does not overwhelm my narrow shoulders. I've laundered it, tumble dried it a little to check the quality, and it's fine. It earned a place in my wardrobe and is my "once a year trendy Zara purchase".
- Reiss Jianni Ivory Lace Blouse – REISS: A client wore this with black wide crops and cream boots, and took my breath away. You can wear a cream tank top underneath with a beige bra if strapless bras aren't your thing. A little less fluid in person.
- H&M Lyocell Utility Joggers: Try these if you're after a pair of affordable denim-esque tencel joggers. They're comfy, mould to most body types, flattering, and are sufficiently long for tall gals.
- Banana Republic Shimmer Short-Sleeve Sweater: Simple, classic, elegant, and with an unexpected shimmer. Comes in a tan shade of blush and looks great worn over skirts too. No need to tuck.
- Mango Buttoned Striped T-shirt: A striped tee for Team Mint with fun shoulder buttons. Great on a larger bust, and available in navy.
- H&M Cotton Chinos: Lightweight chinos that work well for a straighter body type. Forgiving on the midsection, and comes in navy and black too. Sufficient length for tall gals.
- Banana Republic Cocoon Coatigan Sweater: A super cute sweater coat that you can even layer over a lightweight blazer. It has fun pockets! Might run a little big, and comes in black and fuchsia.
- DKNY Asymmetrical Peplum Top: Peplum fabness for those who like reptiles. Forgiving, interesting and fun. Works well on a longer body.
- Liverpool Denim Jacket: A denim jacket in an earthy tan that's laced with apricot for Team Earth Tones. Works really well on a curvy body type, and is beautifully made. Nice little design details too. Comes in teal and cinnamon.
- THE MARC JACOBS MARC JACOBS The Editor Leather Tote: A great work tote that's streamlined, very polished, fits a load of stuff, and is robust too.
- PAIGE Claudine High Waist Ankle Flare Jeans: VERY streamlining and flattering on a range of body types. Moulds to the body like all of Paige's Transcend collection. Hemmable for petites.
- Nike Air Force 1 Shadow Sneaker: These have worked well on wider feet suffering from plantar fasciitis.
- DICKIES Paperbag Waist Jeans: These are super soft, comfy, drapey and LIGHTWEIGHT. The tie isn't that bulky, and the rise isn't that high. Great for warm weather, and good on a range of body types.
- Naturalizer Macayla Sneaker: Comfy, on-trend, comes in WIDE, and is easy to slip on and off.
- KUT from the Kloth Kelsey Raw Hem Ankle Flare Jeans: Flattering and comfortable Spring jeans that work on a range of body types. Straighter figures might need to size down. Rise is not too high.
- Loft Striped Ruffle Sleeve Tee: A classic striped tee with a ruffle hem adds a playful bit of interest. Pretty, and a nice juxtaposition with utility pants. Runs a size big.
- Dr. Scholl's Madison Slip-On Sneaker: Comfy, well-made, and versatile slip-on sneakers that are going for a song with rave reviews. Comes in grey.
Go to the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.