There are just a few top picks this week as things quiet down for the peak of Summer. You’ll notice a few items from an Amazon brand Lark & Ro. A client of mine alerted me to them because she was awfully pleased with her $39 dress. Now the brand is on my radar.
- Lark & Ro Women's Classic Cap Sleeve Wrap Dress: This is an affordable $39 classic wrap that hangs longer unless you'e very tall. The jersey is thick and substantial and drapes well. The front wrap section has ample coverage and works well if V-necks are your thing. There is a bonus button on the waist to keep the wrap secure. Works well on both a straighter and curvier body type because the silhouette moulds to the body. The tulip front opens as you sit and stride so there's lots of room. Not constricting. Comes in an assortment of patterns and colours.
- Calvin Klein Floral-Print Fit & Flare Dress: A Ted Baker look-a-like at a fraction of the price. Currently $49 and works well on a curvy body type. One of our forum members wore it with a blush moto and white pumps and looked the bomb.
- Valerie Pointy Toe Pump: A pretty and elegant kitten heel for regular and lower volume feet. Quite comfy and well made. They can be a bit wobbly if you prefer the stability of a block heel.
- Madewell Resin Octagonal Hoop Earrings: '80s Resin Earring Fabness. Comes in cinnamon.
- Calista Metallic Wingtip Oxford: A sparkly statement on the feet is a good thing if you enjoy glitz and shine. These are well made and look rich on the foot, although not very cushioning. They are not a slam dunk comfortable fit on a particular shape of foot so you'll have to try them if you like them, and hope for the best.
- Women's Plus Size Cropped Wide Leg Jeans - Ava & Viv Medium Wash: A curvy forum member bought these and they look so much better on her than on the model. She wore them with an untucked knit top and wowed me. Great and comfy fit.
- Lark & Ro Women's Classic Cap Sleeve Wrap Dress: This is the same affordable $39 classic wrap that hangs longer unless you're very tall. The jersey is thick and substantial and drapes well. The vertical stripes are unique, and so is the shade of forest green. The front wrap section has a lot of coverage and works well if V-necks are your thing. There is a button on the waist to keep the wrap secure. Works well on both a straighter and curvier body type because the silhouette moulds to the body. The tulip front opens as you sit and stride so there's lots of room.
- Lark & Ro Women's Sleeveless V-Neck Dress: This type of easy breezy Grecian pull-on-and-go dress works well on petites who enjoy an empire cut and V-neck. Flattering on curvy body types because it nips you in at the narrowest part of the midsection. Available in an assortment of colours and patterns.
- HIGH Waist Crop Wide Leg Jeans: I've tried on many pairs of white denim wide crops over the years, and said no thank you to all of them until I fit on these. (Not that I'm fussy or anything!) The fabric is extremely substantial and opaque, and the drape is sublime. No pocket lining grinning. The thigh and crotch point fits are very flattering. You feel like you're wearing quality right away. I sized up because I preferred the architectural drape of the leg and roomy crotch point fit on the larger size. But that did mean I had to have the hips, bottom and waist altered a size down. They are dramatic and wide at the hems so consider yourself warned. Very hemmable. Awfully fun to wear in Summer and into Autumn with boots.
- Naturalizer NaturalizerHoda: If you can manage the heel height, these are extremely comfortable and look beautiful on the foot. Elegant in black and metallic, and well cut. Comes in wide widths.
- Women's Zip Closure Fanny Pack - Wild Fable™ Black: If you're looking for a fun, roomy and affordable belt bag to wear across the body, try this one for $15.
Go to the collection page if you would like to see the images alongside my descriptions.