In my experience, the Zappos online shipping experience cannot be beat which is why they made my list of highlights for 2018 — again! All shipping is free in the US, and it’s FAST. I’ve ordered something at night and received it the next day with no extra charge. Items are well packed, and the boxes are robust (an important factor when packages stand out in the rain here in Seattle). Zappos honours their return policy and refunds are quick. They’ll accept a return a year later, and listen to your quality concerns. I ordered a pair of pricey white designer loafers that I wore with joy for a couple months until they broke. I was very disappointed, and spoke to customer service about it. They were most apologetic and refunded me without question once I’d shipped back the shoes. That’s how it should be.
All this to say that I will often order an item from Zappos because I know shipping will be fast, free, and the return policy is excellent. Here’s a short roundup of winners from the great retailer. Browse the colour options and read the rave reviews.
- Palladium Pampa LDN LP Mid Suede: Adorable hiking boots with a wide toe box. Super comfy and a little playful. The white soles keep the look crisp and pretty. Comes in four colours.
- Mephisto Lili: Inge has these because they fit her orthotics, higher volume feet, and are very comfortable. Pewter metallics are hard to find, and the shine on these is subtle. They look better and a little dressier on the foot.
- Frye Veronica Combat: Casual glitz is fab, and these create a streamlined fit on the foot and ankle. Comfy and well made. Not good on higher volume feet. I like the rose gold and white best, but they come in a fabulous distressed grey, and the usual black and brown. No easy access zipper so you have to be okay with that.
- Frye Carson Piping Bootie: A little cream distressing for those who prefer it to a crisp optical white. Tapered on the ankle, well made and comfy. Comes in five colours.
- Frye Melissa Deco Chelsea: Equestrian Bootie Fabness. A classic that works best on a lower volume foot and ankle. Rich, and well made.
- Maggy London Catalina Crepe Twist Neck Asymmetrical Midi Dress: GORGEOUS elegant dress if you can fill it out. Traditionally flattering and works on a curvier hourglass body type. The neckline is a little high for a short neck, but it can work for a larger bust and longer neck. The fabric glides over the contour of the body and does not cling The crepe is quite luxe, and the romantic sleeves are not overwhelming.
- Donna Morgan Geo Printed Midi Jersey Dress: A classic dress that is very flattering on those with a defined waist. Its structured movement is fabulous and awfully comfortable. It's quite forgiving on the midsection, conceals a good amount of lumpage and bumpage, and packs well for travel. It would have been mine if the colours weren't cool-toned.
- Maggy London Flemish Tile Scuba Crepe Sheath Dress: A fab structured dress that's a little more than a simple sheath. The placement of the pattern creates an extra streamlined effect, and the romantic sleeves are more streamlined than you expect. Best on a smaller bust, straighter hip, and short or regular waist.
- Free People Tough Love Shirtdress: This style of dress silhouette works on a range of body types - from apple and pear shapes, to rectangles, hourglasses and narrow-hipped inverted triangles - because the silhouette moulds to the contour of the body. It hugs you where you're narrowest and glides over the rest. No need for shapewear. It's dramatic to wear over cropped skinnies or straights too. Comes in red, and runs TTS if you like a narrow fit, or a little small if you prefer a fuller fit. Broad shoulders will battle - no zipper and no stretch. My narrow shoulders thanked the narrow fit. You have to figure out whether it's worth climbing in and out of. AMAZING side entry pockets. Fabulously flattering. Beautiful drape. Very nice fabric. I love this dress and one of the colours is sitting in my wardrobe ready for a hot Summer's day.
- Tahari By ASL 3/4 Sleeve Scuba Crepe Sheath with Side Ruching: A punchy classic faux wrap sheath that can work on a curvier or straighter body type.
- Børn Regis: Extremely comfy biker bootie classics that go the distance. The ankle fit is more streamlined in person. Comes in four colours.
- Aquatalia Belle Weatherproof: Beautifully made waterproof booties in a classic style. Works best on low to regular volume feet.
- Franco Sarto Zelda: Classic loafers with a trendy touch. Dramatic on the foot. I love the height of that dear little heel. Refined, comfortable and versatile. I tried very hard to make these work, but they were too wide and I was in between sizes.
Go to the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.