I love the Thanksgiving tradition of reflecting on what you’re thankful for. Here are fifteen things that come to mind for me this year. Eight are in fashion and style, and the other seven are in my personal life.
In Fashion & Style
- FINALLY this year, many more retailers in the US provided extended sizes across assorted collections. More models wear a size larger than a US0 to 4. Nordstrom made a point of displaying regular sizes and plus sizes in the same in-store department. May these significant changes pave the way for a more diverse fashion world.
- YLF has a strong Southern hemisphere contingent who stick with the Northern hemisphere seasonal content on this site. That takes commitment, patience, and I’m impressed. Thank you Australian, New Zealand and South African Fabbers for your support and loyalty. You are an amazing bunch.
- Thank you Naturalizer for making fashionably fab shoes in an assortment of widths and colours that go the distance.
- Thank you Boden, COS, Pendleton, G-Star, Club Monaco, Universal Standard, Furla, Pendleton, Aquatalia, Ecco, Paul Green, Helene Berman, Zella, Hispanitas, Reiss, Karen Millen, 3.1 Philip Lim, and Converse for providing consistently good quality.
- Thank you Spring & Summer 2018 collections for the best dress and skirt season that I can remember.
- I’m grateful for the very large assortment of jeans silhouettes for those who wear jeans regularly.
- Thank you for bringing back earth tones because we were starved of them. It has taken ten years for brown to make a comeback! My word. It’s about time.
- I wear footwear with heels between one to one and a half inches 99.9% of the time. I’m grateful that flats and very low heels are on-trend and modern, and that there is no need to wear a higher heel for any occasion these days.
In My Personal Life
- Six months ago, we committed to a loft in Salt Lake City, UT, which is where Greg works part of the time. Having a second home where Greg, Yorkie Sam and I can have more family time has been a game changer. We are thoroughly enjoying our life in both cities. It’s fun to make new friends and to make a new city our home.
- Our dual city lifestyle would not work if Sam didn’t travel by air as well as he does. He’s an experienced frequent flier and as good as gold. I can’t be more grateful for our precious little doggie, who is a constant source of joy, support, love, and entertainment.
- My flexible work schedule allows me to live in Salt Lake City for part of the month, and visit my sweet Dad in the Netherlands every three to four months. If I didn’t have YLF and a very established clientele in Seattle, things would be harder.
- I’m grateful to have spent quality time with Greg’s parents in South Africa this year. I love them dearly, and hope to see them more frequently.
- Although visiting my Dad frequently has its sad moments, being able to see Inge every time I visit is a gift. Inge is an absolute sweetheart, and I am grateful for her friendship.
- I come alive in hot weather and love dressing for Summer. So I’m grateful that between spending a fortnight in Italy, having better than usual Seattle weather, and spending half my time in Salt Lake City, I had a very hot and long Summer this year. Woohooo. My favourite weather.
- Most importantly, I am grateful for my hubs Greg, and all that he is and does. He continues to devote time and expertise to YLF despite his busy work schedule. My most fun and happy times are with Greg, and I’m thankful to have him as my best friend and partner.
We at YouLookFab wish you and your families a happy, safe and peaceful Thanksgiving weekend.