I find foot volume to be a simple summarizing concept that is very helpful when thinking about shoe fit. I first heard the term many years ago when a sales assistant explained why a particular shoe worked well for me, but not for my client. I had low-volume feet, she said, whereas my client’s feet were high volume. Since then I often use the term when I’m describing shoe fit. Please refer back to my post in 2014 if the term isn’t clear.
I mention this because today’s roundup of shoes refers to foot volume a lot. These are all shoes that are comfortable, low-heeled or flat, and go the distance. Many of the styles have a classic integrity and a timeless look about them, making them versatile to remix into outfits. Browse the many colour options and width availability.
- Franco Sarto Jolette by SARTO: These are classics that saved my feet last Summer, and I have FOUR pairs. They work with just about every outfit because they're a Modern Classic. Size down half a size. Works on regular and low-volume feet.
- Frances Valentine Elyce: Trendy snip-toes with a casual integrity. The flat square heel has a Japanese vibe, and they are just as nice in cream. Works on a variety of foot shapes. Size down for low-volume feet.
- Bandolino Liberty: I LOVE the colour, and it's very hard to find turquoise at the moment. Streamlined, and very tidy on a range of foot shapes. Comes in many colours and read the glowing reviews. Runs half a size big.
- FitFlop Cova Closed Toe Sandals: These will ONLY work for higher volume feet and wider ankles. Very casual and surprisingly supportive. All the colours are nice.
- Naot Frankie: Naots are well made and good for your feet. They are well suited to high-volume feet, but can work for low-volume feet that enjoy arch support. Size down for low-volume feet. The colourways of these slides have a Mod Earthy look about them. Great with neutral and black outfits. They come in all sorts of colours so take a peek.
- Söfft Nola: Fably soft and squishy slides for regular and higher volume feet. Both metallics are subtle.
- CAMPER Kobo - K200342: Excellent comfy sandals for higher volume feet. They look equal parts classic and trendy. Well made and come in a gorgeous blue.
- Miz Mooz Carey: Sandal booties with a dystopian integrity. Super soft leather and lots of colour options. Best on higher volume feet.
- Earth Hera: Dainty and elegant, and comes in wide widths. Many colour options. A fab dressy-casual hybrid. Too wide for low-volume feet. Read the glowing reviews.
- Frances Valentine Katy: I haven't seen these in person yet, but they look gorgeous and got a good review. For Team Magpie.
- Calvin Klein Genoveva Pump: Fably versatile pair of classics with a trendy block heel. They have a Modern Retro look about them too. ONLY suited to low-volume feet, and are a perfect fit on my own feet. You can try them if you have regular volume feet, but they might be too narrow. Lots of great colours. The metallic is very subtle and pewter.
- Stuart Weitzman Pocoglobe: A beautifully ornate pair of party shoes for low-volume feet. Discounted to $200.
- Loeffler Randall Brooks: Trendy pumps with lots of foot coverage. They don't work well for boney feet because the sides come up too high. Best on regular volume feet and available in black.
- Clergerie Peket: These stunning darlings mould to your feet so they work on a range of foot types. Wide toe box. The elastic cuts into you a little, but it does relax. Super soft leather and a magnificent colour if you like an orange tomato red. A dressy shoe with relaxed flair. A quality item.
- Clarks Tri Etch: Go Team Bowling Shoes. These are super cute on the foot and very comfy. They look as good in the bone. Orthotic-friendly. Great for wider feet. Ventilating for Summer.
- Clarks Pure Tone: Casually dressy. Super soft and cushioning. Comes in light blue in stores. Best on higher volume feet. Too wide for my low-volume feet.
- Clarks Chartli Daisy: A classic that works well on higher and lower volume feet. The dark pewter is unique. Read the rave reviews.
- Spring Step Maiche: A Modern Retro ladylike lovely with interesting cut-out detailing. DIFFERENT. An acquired taste but to my eye, very pretty on the foot. Works for a range of foot types, and looks as nice in black. Read the rave reviews.
- FitFlop Novy: A more structured flip flop for high-volume feet. Comes in black.
- Franco Sarto Vellez: Super cute slingbacks that fit both a higher and lower volume foot.
- FLY London PATS801FLY: Extremely comfy casual ankle strap wedge for high-volume feet. The olive is unique but all the colours are nice.
- Via Spiga Darwin: A pointy-toe slingback for higher volume feet. Not good on narrow ankles.
- Naturalizer Stella: An elegant pointy-toe ballet flat with reasonable support that comes in different widths. The lilac metallic is unique.
- Gentle Souls Gisele: A polished casual sandal that's best on regular to high-volume feet. The wedge provides relatively good arch support.The taupe is pretty.
- Frye Ashley Slip-On: The textured metallic looks like fish scales, and is a refined look on a Tomboy style. Well made, very comfy, and can work for both lower and higher volume feet. Lower volume feet can add an insole to create a snugger fit. All the colours are nice.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.