More good stuff at retail this week. These items were winners on my clients and on forum members, and two pairs of the jeans made it into my wardrobe to replenish my jeans capsule. Ann Taylor’s White Frayed Jeans are an excellent extra wardrobe essential, which you can see fitted on me in this forum thread. Pilcro’s Lemon Grove High Rise Cropped Bootcut Jeans are deliciously playful and a maximally fun addition to my jeans capsule. I LOVE patterned pants.
- Maeve | Anthropologie Tallulah Lace Skirt: A stunning length skirt that looks awfully elegant and pretty. Can work on a straighter and curvier body type. Lightweight and Summery. The lace is soft and looks like a stained glass window. Turquoise is rare in fashion these days, so the skirt has my attention. I'm deciding whether it will earn a place in my skirt capsule.
- Boden Effie Silk Top: A handy little layering shell to wear under blazers and jackets - or on its own. Crisp, polished, and beautifully made. Plenty of armhole coverage. Available in solids.
- KUT KOLLECTION KUT from the Kloth Catherine Boyfriend Jeans: Great jeans for a curvier body type. Straighter body types need to size down. Thick fabric, and a good mid-length rise for shorter waists. The crisp embroidery is a fun juxtaposition against the very washed out denim.
- Ann Taylor Frayed Crop Jeans in White: The best white jeans of the season because they look like JEANS - not leggings. Fabric is quite thick. Not too stretchy. Crisp. Not too soft. NOT body-con. Not see-through. Nice pocket linings. Don't suck the living daylights out of you. Plenty of room on the calves. Run TTS unless you're narrow on the hips and thighs, in which case you could size down. They fit me tighter and shorter than on the model. They earned a place in my wardrobe, and I'm thrilled with them.
- Pilcro And The Letterpress | Anthropologie Pilcro Lemon Grove High-Rise Cropped Bootcut Jeans: If you're into warm-weather maximal jeans, crisp patterns, sour colours, and cropped flares - try these. The fabric is thick, not too stretchy, and very polished. The fit works well on a straighter or curvier body type because it moulds to your shape in a tailored and not body-con way. They are a little longer on me than on the model. A quality piece with a retro vibe, and I adore them.
- Rebecca Minkoff Moonwalking Leather Satchel: A beautifully on-trend tote for Team Lilac. On sale.
- Summit by White Mountain Elodie: Despite the '90s platform, these booties are surprisingly refined on the foot. Super cute and space-age casual. Comfortable, forgiving, very lightweight, and sturdy. The silver is warmer in person. Available in bronze.
- Freda Salvador | Anthropologie Freda Salvador Oxford D'Orsay Flats: Gorgeous cut-out oxfords for Team Teal. Refined Rocker with subtle stud detailing. Might need to size down half a size.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Trench Coat: Good SINGLE-breasted trench coat in yummy watermelon. Fab on both a smaller and larger bust. Streamlining. Fits a range of body types. Available in olive and black.
- Hobbs Saskia Trench: I love the length of this trench because it's elegant and versatile. Best on a small or regular bust, but works quite well on a larger bust because the lapels of the collar fold down to create a flattering V-neck. These are British sizes so size up two sizes for the US equivalent.
- Veronica Beard Britton Shirtdress: Structured Smart Casual Fabness. My heart skipped a beat when I saw my client in this number. STUNNING on a straighter boyish body type with a square shoulder line and smaller bust. The buttons are going to pull across the front of the skirt if your hips and thighs are curvier so consider yourself warned. The buttons break up the black very effectively.
- Karen Kane Lace Trim Top: Boho-Lite Fabness. Pretty and streamlined despite the volume. Comes in white and is bra-friendly.
- COFFEE SHOP Gingham Hooded Rain Jacket: Super cute Modern Retro raincoat that works on a range of body types. Might need to size up a size.
- Pilcro And The Letterpress | Anthropologie Pilcro Mid-Rise Slim Boyfriend Jeans: Adorable floral jeans that work well on a curvier and straighter body type. Hem can be shortened. Works well on a short waist and short rise.
- Loft Wildflower Satin Split Neck Blouse: The photo does not do the '70s inspired blouse justice. The insets and piping are well made and give the top personality. Vibrant and festive. Might need to size down.
- Banana Republic Sloan Skinny-Fit Floral Pant: The great thing about these pants is that the floral pattern does not stretch out and distort when it's on the body. Works well on both a curvier and straighter body type. Crisp and polished in a smart casual way.
- Zara Metallic Leather Moccasins: These heeled loafers look better in person and on the foot. More professional and polished than you would think. Great with cropped pants, skirts and dresses, and quite comfortable.
- Massimo Dutti Red Nappa Leather Ankle Boots: Stunning bootie for low-volume feet and narrow ankles. Don't touch them unless your feet and ankles are narrow because the fit is VERY slim. Fit like Ferragamos. Extremely comfortable for low-volume feet, and beautifully made. They are super soft and "sock-like," so NOT a robust shoe. They would have been mine if they were more tomato and less fire engine red.
- Banana Republic Gingham Flounce Tee: A handy textured knit top with an effective avant-garde flavour. Crease-resistant. Very straight on the waist, and runs a size big. Comes in navy and white.
Remember that more and more regular sized collections are offering extended size ranges to include US14 to US20 so be sure to check sizes before you assume that your size is not available. Browse the collar options.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.