Fun Spring items are surfacing at retail, and especially online. I’m enjoying the resurgence of structure, tailoring, and dressiness, because it’s been a while since we’ve seen them make a fashion statement. There are LOTS of skirts and dresses, which is a nice change too.
Here are items that were winners on my clients this week. Some of them earned a place in my wardrobe.
- Boden Julieta Lace Dress: A WOW casual lace dress. A modern classic casual Summer frock WITH LENGTH that looks gorgeously fresh amidst a sea of unstructured minis. The lace is soft and the dress is lined. The tailoring is gorgeous. Party at the back. The length cannot be hemmed, but petite lengths are an option. Best on a longer and defined waist, but can work on a straighter body type. A little tricky on a larger bust and short waist. It's an awfully pretty dress that has earned a place in my wardrobe in pink. I intend to wear it CASUALLY with flats. I don't like the way it's been styled with dressy heels here. Runs a size big so I need to have mine altered to fit. (Stocks are already low).
- Pilcro And The Letterpress | Anthropologie Pilcro Embroidered Mid-Rise Cropped Bootcut Jeans: These jeans look like casual patterned pants, and are awfully cute in a Modern Retro way. The washed denim does not look distressed. Polished! They will fit both a curvier and straighter body type because they mould to the body - but NOT in a jeggings type way. Fabric is thick creating a tailored look, so you feel like you're wearing jeans and not tights. A quality item that followed me home. I could not resist the pretty embroidered white daisies. I will need to have them altered at the back of the waist to fit perfectly.
- Ann Taylor Plaid Pencil Skirt: A very comfortable and ultra soft pencil skirt that works on a range of body types.
- Ann Taylor Double Breasted Tweed Jacket: A boxy Spring tweed blazer that works on a larger bust. Amazing white buttons.
- MATISSE Half Moon Ankle Strap Loafer: Great backless ankle strap loafers for wider feet. Comfy and quite unique. They were too wide for me, but super cute on the foot.
- SSUNG | Anthropologie Tenor Check Shirt Dress: A fab dress for a curvy body type like an hourglass or pretty pear. Excellent on a larger bust, and on-trend over a pair of skinnies or leggings.
- Halogen Pocket Detail Stripe Tunic Top: The photo does not do the style of the shirt justice. It's well made and creates a nice avant-garde effect over slim bottoms. Lovely pinstripe. Weighty fabric.
- Chino By Anthropologie | Anthropologie Relaxed Embroidered Chino Pants: Great chinos for a straight, boyish body with narrow thighs. Lilac gets my vote.
- Anthropologie | Anthropologie Washed Wanderer Utility Pants: Great chinos for a curvy body type that need room on the thighs. You must sink the waistband lower onto the hips though. The mustard looks surprisingly fresh.
- Anthropologie Embroidered Wanderer Utility Pants: Pretty embroidered chinos for both a slightly straighter or curvier body type.
- Hispanitas Melanie Pointy Toe Pump: Very comfortable and well-made teal floral pumps. Quality item. Best on low-volume feet.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.