On this Thanksgiving Day in the US, I’m grateful for all that I have, with family and friends at the top of the list. I’m extremely grateful that my darling Dad is doing better, that he has the care that he needs, and that my brother and I are able to visit him regularly. I’m grateful for my good health and our cosy home, which make a difference each day.
I’m also thankful for:
- YLF Veterans, who are the backbone of the YLF community. Their witty, thoughtful, helpful, loyal, global and intelligent commentary and support are unparalleled. Some Veterans have been with YLF since its inception, which is going on twelve years. Mind-blowing.
- My clients, who are always fun and fabulous to work with. I’ve been working with some of them for eleven years, which warms my heart. Special shout-out to clients and forum members who are 70 years plus. You inspire me enormously with your confidence, wisdom and elegance.
- The pets in our lives, who provide companionship, unconditional love, a reason to brave the elements and go for a walk, and busloads of entertainment.
- Copious cups of tea that calm me down, help me think, and make a working day more productive.
- Regular yoga practices that ground me, and nourish my mind, body and spirit.
- Dutch cheese that I bring home fresh from the cheese farmer in my Dad’s town in the Netherlands every few months.
- Glorious hot and sunny Summer weather that comforts me and makes me come alive every year.
- Beautiful Autumn foliage that was richer than ever this year. It made my daily walks with Sam wonderfully scenic.
- New pairs of fashionable shoes that go the distance. I had to replenish most of my footwear this year. I hit the jackpot, and my footwear capsule is the best it’s ever been. Equal parts dressy and casual — always polished and comfortable.
- Inspiration, motivation and time to cook wholesome and tasty meals at home from scratch. They make our bodies feel good. It’s a great joy to spend time in the kitchen and even greater when we’re hosting friends.
Most of all, I’m thankful to my boys. Hubby Greg is my rock, bestie, the love of my life, and makes my world go round. And Yorkie Sam supports us in that very special way that only doggies can do.
We at YLF wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful Thanksgiving weekend.