These tops, all priced at less than $100, were winners on my clients last week. Some of the items are on sale and available in petites. They can ALL be worn on their own as a stand-alone piece, and some layer better under toppers than others. Be sure to browse the colour options.
- Loft Vine Mixed Media Tie Neck Shell: A good Summer top for Team Teal with a short waist and shorter neck. Excellent under a fitted blazer.
- Loft Petite Ruffle Cuff Top: The photo does not do the knit top justice. The fluted sleeve is gorgeous and the high-low hemline drapes really well. Available in three colours. Black looks best. Size down.
- Loft Lacy Back Peplum Sweater: Classic in front, and party at the back. Super cute. Width is too narrow for pear shaped body types. Good on inverted triangles.
- Loft Plaid Bell Sleeve Top: A swingy peplum top in a Spring plaid is unique. You have to be okay with the massive volume from the side. Size down. Not good on petites or a large bust.
- Loft Fan Floral Blouse: A pretty, subtle bohemian blouse in super soft rayon. Covered yet breezy. Fabulous over bootcut jeans. Slimming.
- Loft Lace Stripe Swing Top: A lacey swing top for dainty pear shaped ladies with narrow shoulder lines to wear with a black pencil skirt or regular black pants. Works well on a wider biceps.
- Loft Geo Lace Top: You need a white tank top to wear under this darling. Gorgeous on Team Tall. It's not soft, but isn't scratchy either. Size down a size.
- Karen Kane Asymmetrical Front Overlay Crepe Top: An architectural blouse to wear over bootcuts or cropped straights. Suits an assortment of body types. Size down a size.
- Karen Kane Lace Trim Asymmetrical Top: A statement sleeveless lace top to wear over bootcut jeans, black ankle pants, or a pencil skirt. Gorgeous drape and super soft. Suits an assortment of body types. Size down a size.
- Massimo Dutti Textured Weave Knit Sweater: The pullover is a warm cream and not a cool off-white. It's crisp, weighty, and excellent for travel because it's robust and does not crease. It's fluid but tailored through the arms and hips. Best on a long neck and smaller bust. Narrow cut. I bought this top and LOVE it. Perfect for a Seattle Spring.
- Anne Klein Buckle Wrap Top: An excellent top for a defined waist, long torso and larger bust. GREAT on a curvy gal, but as good on a straighter figure and smaller bust with a square shoulder line.
- Ann Taylor Leafed V-Neck Matte Jersey Top: The best career wear top for petites I've seen all year. Very good cut. Looks wonderful on its own over cropped black pants, and super under a jacket too. Good for apple shapes. Streamlined but forgiving.
- Amour Vert 'Angela' Long Sleeve Wrap Front Top: Soft, drapey and sensual. Doesn't fall open in front like you think it might. Suits most body types.
- Madewell Peekaboo Pom-Pom Top: A bohemian-lite blouse that's much prettier in person. It's also shorter than it looks in the photo. The tops of the sleeves are vented - hence the "peekaboo" description. Luxe soft cotton and fun pom poms. Very breezy and Summery. The tomato red followed me home. Gorgeous with pearls. Size down a size.
- Banana Republic Stripe Silk Cashmere Elbow-Sleeve Pullover: Luxe fabric, lightweight, slimming and does not cling on the midsection. Fab elbow length sleeves. Good length on tall gals, and excellent on petites in a petite size. Comes in stripes and solids. Layers well under a blazer.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.