With low volume feet, I usually need a narrow size in sandals and sandal booties to get a good fit. Otherwise my toes fall through the front of the sandals and there’s too much space between the vamp of the shoe and the top of my foot. Sometimes, I need to order half a size down. Closed footwear is a lot easier to manage because I can add insoles and seldom have a problem with a toe box that’s too snug. Pointy-toed footwear works well for low volume feet.
High volume feet tend to fill out sandals and sandal booties more effectively, making most closed shoes the challenge because of a tight toe box. Pointy-toed footwear and wide feet are generally a hard match, although wide sizes can work. Order half or a whole size up if you need to insert a custom orthotic.
Here’s a roundup of comfortable current footwear that’s available in wide, regular and narrow widths. Some of the styles offer extra wide widths. There are many colour options per style so be sure to browse the options.
- Bella-Vita Isabelle Wedge Sandal: A sandal that looks very bold on the foot. I like this sandal best in gold, although all the colours are nice. Read the rave reviews.
- VANELi Linsie Block Heel Sandal: A classic sandal with a dressy touch. Works well on wide feet in the wide size.
- Naturalizer Faith Sandal: This sandal looks good on all sorts of foot shapes. Strong and simple. Pick the right width and Bob's your uncle.
- Me Too Sienna Laser Cut Wedge Sandal: The laser cut creates a maximal look on the foot. Great in the wide widths, yet streamlined on the foot.
- Trotters 'Candela' Pump: I like this pump best in the earthy cognac pattern. Interesting, and a good classic.
- Naturalizer Marianne Sneaker: Easy slip-on sneaks for Team Ultra Casual.
- Naturalizer Felicity Sandal: Light blue shoes are unique and these are best on a wider foot with a high instep. Maximal on the foot.
- Bella-Vita Pacey Cage Sandal: A complex sandal for Team Strappy. It creates an interesting line on the foot. Excellent with ankle pants in a similar colour.
- Earth 'Intrepid' Peep Toe Bootie: I like this style best on a petite with a wider foot and calf, and slimmer ankle.
- Louise Et Cie Karisa Ankle Cuff Sandal: Super elegant, and suede is fab in Summer too. Best on a narrow ankle. Exposes quite a lot of the foot so consider yourself warned. Might not pass work dress codes.
- BP Decker Lace-Up Sandal: Great price and especially suited to a broader foot and narrow heel.
- Bella-Vita Fonda: Gladiator Fabness. I couldn't BELIEVE how well these fit a dainty foot and narrow ankle in a narrow size despite the chunkiness of the style. Soft leather that does not cut into your skin. I have these in gold.
- VANELi Celie T-Strap Sandal: These look particularly good on a dainty foot and ankle in a narrow size.
- David Tate Mint Wedge Slide Sandal: Graphic Mule Fabness.
- Naturalizer Veronica Loafer: If loafers fall off your feet because your feet are narrow, try these in the narrow size. Conversely these come in a WW size if you need extra wide footwear.
- Munro 'Cookie' Slingback Sandal: These are just about the most comfortable platform sandals for high insteps. They look better on the foot than in the photo. I was thrilled to see that they come in white this year.
- Munro Lulu Slip-On Sneaker: The insoles come out of these sneaks so that you can insert a custom orthotic. Very streamlined on the foot.
- Naturalizer Fae Sandal: Soft as butter and works for an assortment of ankle shapes. The narrow is not that narrow.
- Earth Hydra Sandal: Great for wide feet and narrower heels. Read the rave reviews.
- Rockport Cobb Hill Hollywood Sandal: Fab hard-edged casual sandal with ankle detailing in black. Great arch support and cushioning. Wide works really well for wide feet.
- Munro Gabbie Sneaker: These look super cute on the foot and are VERY comfy. Modern and streamlined. The insoles come out so that you can easily insert a custom orthotic.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.