Here’s a small selection of items that worked well on my clients last week. The quality of the pieces blew me away, and some of the styles are seasonal repeats. Luxurious fabrics with weight and substance. Excellent drape and ease of movement. Beautiful workmanship, fabulous hardware, and gorgeous fits.
Unfortunately, most of the items are pricey, which makes stalking them until they go on sale an option if they tickle your fancy. Fortunately, the items have a high longevity factor because they aren’t overly trendy. Modern Classic and Modern Retro silhouettes definitely have their place in fashion.
- Lafayette 148 New York Lucina Leather Jacket: An unusual leather jacket that looks amazing on a curvier body type. You'll wear the neckline well if you look great in V-necks. Stunning colour if you enjoy wearing warm sour greens or earth tones. The elastic waist is a gorgeous tailoring feature. Architectural drape. Incredible statement piece.
- Helene Berman Stripe Collarless Zip Front Jacket: The diagonal striped trim makes this jacket special. Excellent over sheath dresses, or with trendy cropped pants. Sharp and professional. Fab on curvy body types.
- Lafayette 148 New York Pria Coat: Ultra elegant and slimming despite the horizontal stripes. More WOW in person. Very, very sharp. Works over trousers, jeans, dresses and skirts. Works well on apple, pear, rectangle and hourglass body types. Amazing statement piece.
- Trina Trina Turk A-Line Rain Jacket: Modern Retro MOD Fabness. Looks more A-line and fun in person. I was WOWED by this piece, and the bone is hanging in my closet, although the tomato red is just as fab. Water-repellent, roomy fit, and pristine gold hardware. (Warning: you have to be on Team Gold to love the hardware - which is what drew me in right away). Very comfy and looks Casually Chic & Polished. Removable hood with side entry pockets are great. Sleeves are long - even on very long armed me. But can be easily shortened. Has worked on some petites with sleeve alteration.
- BILLY T Embroidered Denim Jacket: A tailored and short denim jacket with embellishment is a nice update for Team Denim Jacket. Although the embellishment is trendy, the fit is modern classic which makes the look go the distance. Works on various body types. Soft and stretchy. The embroidery is stitched with care and precision.
- 'Cayanne' Leather Peep Toe Sandal (Women): If you can manage the heel height, this is one of the most comfortable sandal booties of all time. Works best on a regular and high volume foot. All the colours are nice. Well worth the glowing reviews.
- Classiques Entier Zip Pocket Ankle Pants: Best black dressy ankle pants I've seen all year. Amazing fit and substantial fabric. Works for a curvier and straighter figure. Fun side zipper detailing and dainty slits at the ankle.
- Classiques Entier Leather Trim Flare Leg Pants: Gorgeous tailored bootcut trousers in heavy drapey fabric. Fits both a curvier and straighter body type. Streamlined. Very long seams.
- Nordstrom Collection Bateau Neck Gingham Sweater: The fabric is thick and crisp. It moulds to the body but does not cling. Very flattering. The neckline works surprisingly well for a larger bust and shorter neck. It has side vents that are revealing so you have to wear a camisole to prevent skin exposure at the office. It's ink blue - not black.
- Nordstrom Collection Check Funnel Neck Swing Jacket: A boxy Modern Retro jacket that's super fun. Runs big and is best on those who can fill out the silhouette. It's ink blue - not black.
- Theory 'Tolleree' Short Sleeve Cashmere Pullover: An amazingly simple stand-alone piece or layering item that hugs the body in a delicate and tailored way. You'll have to fit it on to feel the magic. Scrumptious cashmere. It's best on a long neck, smaller bust, and narrow arms. Not suited to apple shaped body types or very broad shoulders. I bought two of these last year - in black and bone - and they are wardrobe essentials and work horses. You know you're wearing quality when you put these on. I have my eye on the navy.
- Theory Meenara Knit Tank: A fun fringed piece in a heavy knit. Nice closed fit under the armholes. Modern Retro, festive, and looks a lot better in person.
- Hispanitas 'Omega' Pump: Best low-heeled classic pump of them all. Killer comfort and very well made. Looks better on the foot. The shape moulds to an assortment of food shapes. I vote navy blue, and wish it came in a solid white.
- Paul Green Molly Lace-Up Pump: A trendier choice of pump with a surprisingly unfussy ankle tie. Streamlined and flattering on the foot. Fits a lower and higher volume foot. Size down for low volume feet.
- AGL Block Heel Pump: The Chanel copy that's BETTER than the Chanel because it's a LOT more comfortable. AMAZING classic pump. Nice pointy toe, and fun colour blocked heel. Fits a lower and higher volume foot. Size down for low volume feet.
- Emerson Rose Bell Sleeve Sheath Dress: The fit of this dress is amazing, and it's comfortable too. Very nice navy. The fabric is thick and quite forgiving of lumpage and bumpage. Tailored but not clingy despite the stretch. Good on a curvier or straighter figure. And can we please bless the thigh-covering length. The V-neck works well on a larger bust and broader shoulder line, and isn't too low. Elegant.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto 'Jolette' Penny Loafer: Every so often, the more affordable Franco Sarto brand makes a high-quality and comfortable shoe that puts designer footwear to shame. These loafers in the SOLID LEATHER - not the perforated leather - give Salvatore Ferragamo loafers a run for their money. Low volume feet need to size down half a size. Elegant and chic on the foot. I have them in white and tomato red.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.